OT: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

The home for Big East hoops

Re: OT: Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Postby Vill » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:59 am

Omaha1 wrote:Anyone get suckered into paying a hundred bucks for Mayweather-McGregor?

Oh hell no.
Vill

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:08 am

Mayweather beats McGregor in the 10th.

Back in the day, boxing matches were televised over the air, and could be on a weeknight on network TV. This was the case into 1980. With cable and HBO, etc, important matches were shown only on pay per view. First big match that was inaccessible to peons like me was i think Sugar Ray Leonard vs Duran. Or Leonard-Hearns. I remember the week i finished 8th grade, my uncle ordered the Holmes vs Cooney match in June 1982.

But wow, looking back, what a brutal sport.
Providence
billyjack

Postby jfan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:15 am

billyjack wrote:Mayweather beats McGregor in the 10th.

Back in the day, boxing matches were televised over the air, and could be on a weeknight on network TV. This was the case into 1980. With cable and HBO, etc, important matches were shown only on pay per view. First big match that was inaccessible to peons like me was i think Sugar Ray Leonard vs Duran. Or Leonard-Hearns. I remember the week i finished 8th grade, my uncle ordered the Holmes vs Cooney match in June 1982.

But wow, looking back, what a brutal sport.
If they are worried about brain damage in football, think of all the long lasting damage being done to boxing and MMA participants!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board