NY Post says Creighton, Xavier, Butler in 2013

The home for Big East hoops

Postby admin » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:26 pm

Sources to the Post confirmed earlier reports of these three joining for 2013. Awesome!
admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: NY Post says Creighton, Xavier, Butler in 2013

Postby SixTwentySix » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:33 pm

This is def awesome... But I'm still not accepting anything until there is an official announcement. I'm skerd!
Villanova
SixTwentySix

Postby xu95 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:49 pm

I'm being told by someone I trust implicitely that the schools could only agree on Butler and Xavier. That is why they are definitely coming in next year. I have also heard that Georgetown gave Creighton to Marquette and in return, Marquette is going to give Georgetown Richmond for school number 11. The schools are at odds about who should be team #12.

The only reason why Creighton is joining next year vs 2014 with Richmond is because Creighton's exit fee is pretty much nothing and Fox/Catholic 7 are helping with the exit fees.

I guess we will see.
xu95

Postby DeltaV » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:05 pm

So that would leave the final spot between St Louis and Dayton.

Is that even a question? Market size, expansion, facilities...would Dayton have a chance?
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby James » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:14 pm

xu95 wrote:I'm being told by someone I trust implicitely that the schools could only agree on Butler and Xavier. That is why they are definitely coming in next year. I have also heard that Georgetown gave Creighton to Marquette and in return, Marquette is going to give Georgetown Richmond for school number 11. The schools are at odds about who should be team #12.

I don't doubt the Creighton will be team number 10, I'm delighted if this is the case however I would like to think that the other schools would have just as much say as Marquette and Georgetown on who gets in.
We are New York's team. We are St. John's.
James

Postby yorost » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:20 pm

They've probably just aligned themselves between one or the other on this fight, so we don't hear their names.
yorost

Postby xu95 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:23 pm

James wrote:
xu95 wrote:I'm being told by someone I trust implicitely that the schools could only agree on Butler and Xavier. That is why they are definitely coming in next year. I have also heard that Georgetown gave Creighton to Marquette and in return, Marquette is going to give Georgetown Richmond for school number 11. The schools are at odds about who should be team #12.

I don't doubt the Creighton will be team number 10, I'm delighted if this is the case however I would like to think that the other schools would have just as much say as Marquette and Georgetown on who gets in.

Absolutely. I am not implying that Marquette and Georgetown are making the decisions. I believe the other schools were fine with either choice.
xu95

Postby SixTwentySix » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:24 pm

The only reason why Creighton is joining next year vs 2014 with Richmond is because Creighton's exit fee is pretty much nothing and Fox/Catholic 7 are helping with the exit fees.

I guess we will see.

This is exactly why I still have doubts. Richmond hasn't been mentioned at all in the last few days with all these new reports. Georgetown and Nova have been pulling for them pretty hard, so where did they disappear to? Hmmmm Xavier, Butler and Creighton to go to 10 next year is likely, especially with how cheap Creighton's exit fee is. But I'm still thinking Richmond and Saint Louis is a more logical 12 than Dayton...

Until some important looking individual in an expensive suit makes an official announcement, I'll take every 'source' with a grain of salt.
Villanova
SixTwentySix

Postby DeltaV » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 pm

SixTwentySix wrote:
Until some important looking individual in an expensive suit makes an official announcement, I'll take every 'source' with a grain of salt.

Why is Jay going to be making the announcement?
'Nova MechE, Swimming
DeltaV

Postby BillEsq » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:26 pm

DeltaV wrote:So that would leave the final spot between St Louis and Dayton.

Is that even a question? Market size, expansion, facilities...would Dayton have a chance?

Dayton has nice facilities and would be a good add even if it meant them getting in over SLU SLU obviously has market size over just about everyone. That said until the announcement is made i wouldn't take anything set in stone. Right now there are a lot of rumors going around with only X and B presumably safe... so nothing really new after all these months. Until the fox announcement this is still 67% guesswork on these other news outlets.
BillEsq

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board