If SJU gets Sampson/Mussini/Diallo

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Mullin Mania » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:24 pm

If we get 1/3 from that group, you can move our possibilities next year from "competitive" to "possible NCAA team" IMO.

Assuming we get one of those 3, we should also crack the top 25 recruiting class rankings and likely better. I think Mullin will be getting mostly 4 star players next year instead of mostly 3's and maybe a few 4's assuming he doesn't look totally clueless which I highly doubt.

With Lavin, it felt like we were in total disarray recruiting wise and it seemed like it was hopeless…like we were too late. Now with Mullin, Slice, and Matt, we land like 3 studs in a week or two and closing in on 2 of the top recruits in Diallo/Sampson. When Lavin was still here I was so nervous about the tournament in Maui next year. I was picturing us getting blown out by 30 each game. Now it looks like we can at least put up a fight!

Also, Mullin has been ALL OVER the NYC area radio stations. The guy has been recruiting all day everyday and visiting radio shows in his spare time. Buzz is huge.
LET'S GO JOHNNIES!
Mullin Mania

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: If SJU gets Sampson/Mussini/Diallo

Postby marquette » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:54 am

At the very least Mullin seems to be working his a** off for his alma mater. That's a good sign. However he winds up being as an in-game coach you can't say SJ hired someone without a work ethic. I really hope you get one or all of your targets. A strong SJ is good for the conference.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby ivet » Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:57 am

Mullin Mania wrote:\
With Lavin, it felt like we were in total disarray recruiting wise and it seemed like it was hopeless…like we were too late. Now with Mullin, Slice, and Matt, we land like 3 studs in a week or two and closing in on 2 of the top recruits in Diallo/Sampson. When Lavin was still here I was so nervous about the tournament in Maui next year. I was picturing us getting blown out by 30 each game. Now it looks like we can at least put up a fight!

Also, Mullin has been ALL OVER the NYC area radio stations. The guy has been recruiting all day everyday and visiting radio shows in his spare time. Buzz is huge.

I just wanted to confirm, you're the previous poster Steve Lavin right?
ivet

Postby marquette » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:02 pm

ivet wrote:

Certainly seems like steve lavin/lavinwood. I think there's a reason most posters avoid user names that are coaching references (retired legends excepted).
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby RDinNY » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:35 pm

marquette wrote:
ivet wrote:

Certainly seems like steve lavin/lavinwood. I think there's a reason most posters avoid user names that are coaching references (retired legends excepted).

He certainly took the name in jest, as he was the biggest Lavin basher on here.
RDinNY

Postby yaboynyp » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Seen this Mussini kid, don’t think he’s anywhere close to the level of the two other guys mentioned tbh..

How are things looking with Sampson?
yaboynyp

Postby Rum_Ham » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:59 pm

yaboynyp wrote:Seen this Mussini kid, don’t think he’s anywhere close to the level of the two other guys mentioned tbh..

How are things looking with Sampson?

I agree on Mussini hes a great shooter but is extremely skinny and not a great defender so he would probably need a year to adjust to the college game. From what I remember Sampson mostly committed because of St Johns location and affiliation with Under Armor so if that's true then getting him to recommit should be possible for Mullin
Marquette 2016
Rum_Ham

Postby REDMEN1415 » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:31 pm

Sima reaching out to Mussina

Yankuba Sima Fatty ‏@Yankusima 2h2 hours ago
Who would like to see European connection at the Garden?? @FMussini be a Johnnie!! #BigTime #RedStormIsThePlace
REDMEN1415

Postby REDMEN1415 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Retweeted 28 times
Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille 3h3 hours ago
So #sjubb meets with NYC's top player Rawle Alkins today will have in-homes with top recruits Cheick Diallo, Brandon Sampson tomorrow. Busy
REDMEN1415

Postby Burrito » Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:30 pm

Picture of Akins meeting with Mullin & Slice.

https://twitter.com/Iam_RawleAlkins
Burrito

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board