Out of Conference games for next yr

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Out of Conference games for next yr

Postby R Jay » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:38 pm

MUPanther wrote:I didn't see that on Saturday, December 19, Villanova is at Virginia ESPN2 Noon.

Unfortunate that this top tier non-conference game is relegated to ESPN2 because of the (quite honestly low quality) bowl games that day on ESPN. Oh well. So it goes.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:51 pm

R Jay wrote:
MUPanther wrote:I didn't see that on Saturday, December 19, Villanova is at Virginia ESPN2 Noon.

Unfortunate that this top tier non-conference game is relegated to ESPN2 because of the (quite honestly low quality) bowl games that day on ESPN. Oh well. So it goes.

lots of good games that day though....
Duke/Utah on ESPN at noon
UNC/UCLA on CBS at 1pm
Indiana/Notre Dame on ESPN2 at 2pm
Creighton/Oklahoma on ESPNU at 2pm
Kentucky/Ohio St on CBS at 330pm

Also the Butler/Purdue game that day as well....

I dunno a Villanova/Virginia, Indiana/Notre Dame dh is pretty darn good....

And frankly there's not that much of a difference between ESPN and ESPN2.
stever20

Postby Jet915 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:21 pm

I don't see a big difference between ESPN and ESPN2 IMO. Creighton vs. Oklahoma will be on ESPNU on Dec. 19th. That is a big difference.
Jet915

Postby wildjays » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:47 am

I took a look at the non-conference schedules and ranked them. What do you think?

http://whiteandbluereview.com/analyzing ... schedules/
wildjays

Postby MUPanther » Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:31 pm

wildjays wrote:I took a look at the non-conference schedules and ranked them. What do you think?

http://whiteandbluereview.com/analyzing ... schedules/

I enjoyed the list. Without be picky, the list looks good. I would put Villanova a strong 3rd on that list. The Philly 5 games are tough. Temple will be much better and LaSalle & St. Joe's are always solid.

As a Marquette fan, it's disappointing that the non-conference is bad. I know it's tough to find opponents for the limited picks of home dates they get due to the Bucks and Admirals blocking out dates at the Bradley Center. That being said, they could schedule Milwaukee and Green Bay. Problem is they want too much money or 3 for 1's.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby marquette » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:37 am

MUPanther wrote: LaSalle...always solid.

Eh, I wouldn't necessarily say that. The rest I agree with.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:22 am

I'm posting this recent excerpt because I thought it was interesting that Jeff Eisenberg called out Xavier in his article about the Atlantic 10. It is not my intention to provoke a reaction from Xavier fans. Like all schools, Xavier has the right to schedule who they want, and for whatever reasons they choose.

The Dagger: Non-conference Scheduling Studs and Duds: The Atlantic 10 - Yahoo! - September 16, 2015

Game that should have been scheduled but wasn't: Dayton-Xavier

There's no reason this historic rivalry should still be on hiatus even with Xavier in the Big East and Dayton still in the Atlantic 10. The Musketeers have remained a perennial NCAA tournament team and the Flyers have risen in stature the past couple years under Archie Miller, reaching the Elite Eight two years ago and the Sweet 16 last season. Miller has expressed interest in scheduling Xavier, but Musketeers coach Chris Mack has been non-committal.

Contrary to Jeff Eisenberg's article, the Flyers failed to reach the Sweet 16 last season. Dayton won their NCAA Tournament play-in game at UD Arena and their second-round game in Columbus before losing to Oklahoma in the round of 32. Xavier was a Sweet 16 team last season.
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby Fieldhouse Flyer » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:38 am

The Dagger: Non-conference Scheduling Studs and Duds: The Big East - Yahoo! - September 17, 2015

Toughest non-league schedule: Georgetown

Easiest non-league schedule: DePaul

Team taking the biggest risk with its schedule: Marquette

Three Big East non-conference games to watch:

1. Georgetown at Maryland, Nov. 17th

2. Villanova at Virginia, Dec. 19th

3. Syracuse at Georgetown, Dec. 5th

Game that should have been scheduled but wasn't: Creighton-Wichita State

Read on ...
Fieldhouse Flyer

Postby stever20 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:58 pm

Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:The Dagger: Non-conference Scheduling Studs and Duds: The Big East - Yahoo! - September 17, 2015

Toughest non-league schedule: Georgetown

Easiest non-league schedule: DePaul

Team taking the biggest risk with its schedule: Marquette

Three Big East non-conference games to watch:

1. Georgetown at Maryland, Nov. 17th

2. Villanova at Virginia, Dec. 19th

3. Syracuse at Georgetown, Dec. 5th

Game that should have been scheduled but wasn't: Creighton-Wichita State

Read on ...

A GREAT way to describe the Marquette schedule IMO.
stever20

Postby billyjack » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:23 pm

Fieldhouse Flyer wrote:I'm posting this recent excerpt because I thought it was interesting that Jeff Eisenberg called out Xavier in his article about the Atlantic 10. It is not my intention to provoke a reaction from Xavier fans. Like all schools, Xavier has the right to schedule who they want, and for whatever reasons they choose.

The Dagger: Non-conference Scheduling Studs and Duds: The Atlantic 10 - Yahoo! - September 16, 2015

Game that should have been scheduled but wasn't: Dayton-Xavier

There's no reason this historic rivalry should still be on hiatus even with Xavier in the Big East and Dayton still in the Atlantic 10. The Musketeers have remained a perennial NCAA tournament team and the Flyers have risen in stature the past couple years under Archie Miller, reaching the Elite Eight two years ago and the Sweet 16 last season. Miller has expressed interest in scheduling Xavier, but Musketeers coach Chris Mack has been non-committal.

Contrary to Jeff Eisenberg's article, the Flyers failed to reach the Sweet 16 last season. Dayton won their NCAA Tournament play-in game at UD Arena and their second-round game in Columbus before losing to Oklahoma in the round of 32. Xavier was a Sweet 16 team last season.

I remember reading something where the Big East asked its 10 teams to not schedule any potential expansion candidate schools. That's why neither Dayton nor Saint Louis are on our schedules. But this might have been just a rumor.
Providence
billyjack

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board