Out of Conference games for next yr

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Out of Conference games for next yr

Postby ArmyVet » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:15 pm

admin wrote:
stever20 wrote:kind of interesting Creighton with a game on the 28th.

Any word yet on the NYE marathon? Man I hope that's a no go this year going up against the CFP.

I could absoltely care less about the college football games and would be disappointed and surprised if we don't have a Big East NYE.

For us hoops junkies who don't care about the CFP, the New Years games were great. Too bad if they are going away.
ArmyVet

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:32 pm

ArmyVet wrote:
admin wrote:
stever20 wrote:kind of interesting Creighton with a game on the 28th.

Any word yet on the NYE marathon? Man I hope that's a no go this year going up against the CFP.

I could absoltely care less about the college football games and would be disappointed and surprised if we don't have a Big East NYE.

For us hoops junkies who don't care about the CFP, the New Years games were great. Too bad if they are going away.

The problem is, going up against the CFP pretty much eliminates any casual viewers from watching.

Let's say this. If we did it, and the 8pm game for football was a blowout, I think a lot of folks just turn off the tv, and do NYE activities. Not flip to the basketball.

Even going up against a pretty bad schedule last year, didn't even draw 100k per game(which is down roughly 15-20% from regular games).

The bottom line is fairly simple. The Big East doesn't need a gimmick like a marathon. I mean, we're the Big East.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:08 pm

When does the conference schedule get announced?
NJRedman

Postby stever20 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:10 pm

Saw this from back in Feb:
http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/291598881.html

Val Ackerman: We love the New Year's Eve marathon to start the season with the five games.

Kind of interesting that now not even 6 months later, it's changed. Sounds like it came from Fox. You almost wonder if Fox wants to be able to have something at like 3pm and then again at 7:30 for analysis of the CFP.

Redman- the schedule always comes out in Early September- last year was like Sep 9.
stever20

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:29 pm

Villanova to play Stanford in the NIT Pre-season tip off.

http://www.bigeastcoastbias.com/2015/8/ ... ce=twitter

Is Stanford any good this year?
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby R Jay » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:41 pm

NJRedman wrote:When does the conference schedule get announced?

Won't be until after the NBA schedule is released. That's Typically in Mid to late August, so maybe early September?
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby milksteak » Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:44 pm

DudeAnon wrote:Villanova to play Stanford in the NIT Pre-season tip off.

I'm certainly not an expert on Stanford Basketball, but they did win the NIT last year. That said, they lost their three highest scorers to graduation.

Villanova should certainly win. I just don't know by how much.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby stever20 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:40 am

DudeAnon wrote:Villanova to play Stanford in the NIT Pre-season tip off.

Found this:
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcsports. ... off-field/

Villanova will take on a Stanford team that looks much different from the one that cut down the nets at the Postseason NIT just over four months ago. Chasson Randle, Anthony Brown and Stefan Nastic are all out of eligibility, but a deep sophomore class led by Reid Travis and Michael Humphrey returns as do veterans Rosco Allen and Marcus Allen (no relation).

and about Nova:
The most noteworthy of the four teams is Villanova, which has won the last two Big East regular season titles and is seen by many as the early favorite in that conference race. Of course there’s also the fact that Jay Wright’s team has failed to get out of the first weekend of the NCAA tournament in each of the last two seasons, something they’ll look to change with a mixture of veterans (Big East co-Player of the Year Ryan Arcidiacono leads the way) and newcomers led by McDonald’s All-American Jalen Brunson.
stever20

Postby MUPanther » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:08 am

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein · 2h2 hours ago
It's a real shame that Maryland-Georgetown will tip off alongside Champions Classic on 11/17. Game should have its own platform to stand on
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:21 pm

I didn't see that on Saturday, December 19, Villanova is at Virginia ESPN2 Noon.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board