St. John's 2015-2016 Roster??

The home for Big East hoops

Re: St. John's 2015-2016 Roster??

Postby stever20 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:24 pm

all of these immediately eligible transfers are such a joke.... (note, i'm not slamming St John's at all- they are just living what the system is.). It's something that absolutely is going to need to get fixed asap. The fact that there are so many this year I think nationwide I think will lead to it stopping quicker than maybe it would have otherwise.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby REDMEN1415 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:35 pm

J.P. Pelzman
‏@JPPelzman
I'm told Malik Ellison will commit to St. John's, per source

Ellison says he'll announce Friday
REDMEN1415

Postby BigmanU » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:47 am

Amase2 wrote:Johnson is a legitimate BE starter and puts sju's starting back court right in the upper half of BE.

I wouldn't put them in the upper half just yet but it definitely makes them competitive. Off the top of my head, the following teams backcourts would have advantages over most teams in the country let alone the BEast.

Villanova
Georgetown
Providence
Butler
BigmanU

Postby stever20 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:40 am

Big question for Johnson will be how much rust does he have. Didn't play at all this past year and missed the last 2 months the previous year after tearing up his knee. When he hits the court in November, he'll have gone 22 months w/o playing a game. That's a long time.
stever20

Postby Amase2 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:37 pm

BigmanU wrote:
Amase2 wrote:Johnson is a legitimate BE starter and puts sju's starting back court right in the upper half of BE.

I wouldn't put them in the upper half just yet but it definitely makes them competitive. Off the top of my head, the following teams backcourts would have advantages over most teams in the country let alone the BEast.

Villanova
Georgetown
Providence
Butler

Im talking just pg & sg. Who is butlers pg next year? Dunn is best player in the league but whose his running mate? Rysheed Jordan will be a top 5 player in the BE next year.

Plus, lets say your right and those 4 teams do have better back courts, 5th place is still upper half.
Amase2

Postby stever20 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:43 pm

Amase2 wrote:
BigmanU wrote:

Villanova
Georgetown
Providence
Butler

Im talking just pg & sg. Who is butlers pg next year? Dunn is best player in the league but whose his running mate? Rysheed Jordan will be a top 5 player in the BE next year.

Are you sure about him being top 5? Just thinking real fast- Dunn, DSR, Bluiett, Dunham, Archy- and then Ellensen and Brunson.
stever20

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:49 pm

Very nice pickups. That is how Mullin will build a program. Guys like Diallo stick around for a year and then say see ya later. Does it look good to land a guy like that? Yes, but at the same time getting a good 4 year player benefits the program A LOT more in the long-run.

Johnson is eligible next year?
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby Nildogg » Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Butler is going to be a very dynamic offensive team, with its new PG Tyler Lewis, a former Mc D AA that transfered from NC State. Also picked up a very nice big guard transfer that will add depth.

BU is stacked offensively, the D may take a step back.
Nildogg

Postby Amase2 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:26 pm

stever20 wrote:
Amase2 wrote:
BigmanU wrote:

Villanova
Georgetown
Providence
Butler

Are you sure about him being top 5? Just thinking real fast- Dunn, DSR, Bluiett, Dunham, Archy- and then Ellensen and Brunson.

Think Dunn is best player in the conference and only player that is sure to be better than Rysheed. Take nothing away from DSR, Arch, and Dunham, they all had better seasons last year and are right up there but they dont have the potential that Rysheed caries. At least in my opinion.

Truth is, Sheeds conference stats last year were as good as any guards in the conference, he was just surrounded by 3 seniors who performed and thus got most the recognition. Wouldnt put any freshmen ahead of any of those guys you mentioned.
Amase2

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:39 pm

Amase2 wrote:
Think Dunn is best player in the conference and only player that is sure to be better than Rysheed. Take nothing away from DSR, Arch, and Dunham, they all had better seasons last year and are right up there but they dont have the potential that Rysheed caries. At least in my opinion.

Truth is, Sheeds conference stats last year were as good as any guards in the conference, he was just surrounded by 3 seniors who performed and thus got most the recognition. Wouldnt put any freshmen ahead of any of those guys you mentioned.

Stop making me "hate" on St. John's.

Jordan scored. He put up 14pts /game and improved his 3pt shot. Decent on rebounds and steals as well. But his turnovers are a major negative 95 assists to 93 turnovers. His turnover rate was higher than his assist rate on kenpom. Only a 98 offensive rating. The 66% from the line is a major negative too. Jordan is more athletically gifted than DSR, Arch, and Dunham. But he doesn't have it between the ears the way the other 3 do and thus will likely never be as good as them due to his low BBIQ. Maybe Mullin can improve that some, but that's a hard thing to teach.
hoyahooligan

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board