St. John's 2015-2016 Roster??

The home for Big East hoops

Re: St. John's 2015-2016 Roster??

Postby James » Fri May 01, 2015 2:29 pm

Malik Ellison has announced he's coming to SJU
We are New York's team. We are St. John's.
James

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Rum_Ham » Fri May 01, 2015 4:46 pm

Any SJU fans know if Christian Jones will be back? He doesn't really play much at Mullin could probably find a better player or transfer with that scholarship
Marquette 2016
Rum_Ham

Postby REDMEN1415 » Fri May 01, 2015 5:16 pm

Zach Braziller ‏@NYPost_Brazille 16m16 minutes ago
College coach on St. John's six-man class raved about quality and depth. “They’re not taking any flyers on guys." What a change. #sjubb
11 retweets 13 favorites
Reply Retweet11 Favorite13
REDMEN1415

Postby Amase2 » Fri May 01, 2015 6:29 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
Amase2 wrote:
Think Dunn is best player in the conference and only player that is sure to be better than Rysheed. Take nothing away from DSR, Arch, and Dunham, they all had better seasons last year and are right up there but they dont have the potential that Rysheed caries. At least in my opinion.

Truth is, Sheeds conference stats last year were as good as any guards in the conference, he was just surrounded by 3 seniors who performed and thus got most the recognition. Wouldnt put any freshmen ahead of any of those guys you mentioned.

Stop making me "hate" on St. John's.

Jordan scored. He put up 14pts /game and improved his 3pt shot. Decent on rebounds and steals as well. But his turnovers are a major negative 95 assists to 93 turnovers. His turnover rate was higher than his assist rate on kenpom. Only a 98 offensive rating. The 66% from the line is a major negative too. Jordan is more athletically gifted than DSR, Arch, and Dunham. But he doesn't have it between the ears the way the other 3 do and thus will likely never be as good as them due to his low BBIQ. Maybe Mullin can improve that some, but that's a hard thing to teach.

ok to your first comment? You think lesser of Jordan than I do, thats all. I seem to remember you thinking sju would be much worse this past year than they were the year before.

But back to this, when I said those three had better seasons than Jordan did I was?? Turnovers were a huge issue, will always be a problem but can only improve. So how confident are you in saying that Jordan will have the 4th best season out of those mentioned? Cause im pretty confident he wont.
Last edited by Amase2 on Fri May 01, 2015 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amase2

Postby Amase2 » Fri May 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Rum_Ham wrote:Any SJU fans know if Christian Jones will be back? He doesn't really play much at Mullin could probably find a better player or transfer with that scholarship

We have 3 open scholarships as is. Plus he redshirted and would lose a year of eligibility if he transferred to a D1 school. Hope he sticks around, I happen to like him.
Amase2

Postby hoyahooligan » Fri May 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Amase2 wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:
Amase2 wrote:
Think Dunn is best player in the conference and only player that is sure to be better than Rysheed. Take nothing away from DSR, Arch, and Dunham, they all had better seasons last year and are right up there but they dont have the potential that Rysheed caries. At least in my opinion.

Truth is, Sheeds conference stats last year were as good as any guards in the conference, he was just surrounded by 3 seniors who performed and thus got most the recognition. Wouldnt put any freshmen ahead of any of those guys you mentioned.

Jordan scored. He put up 14pts /game and improved his 3pt shot. Decent on rebounds and steals as well. But his turnovers are a major negative 95 assists to 93 turnovers. His turnover rate was higher than his assist rate on kenpom. Only a 98 offensive rating. The 66% from the line is a major negative too. Jordan is more athletically gifted than DSR, Arch, and Dunham. But he doesn't have it between the ears the way the other 3 do and thus will likely never be as good as them due to his low BBIQ. Maybe Mullin can improve that some, but that's a hard thing to teach.

ok to your first comment? You think lesser of Jordan than I do, thats all. I seem to remember you thinking sju would be much worse this past year than they were the year before.

But back to this, when I said those three had better seasons than Jordan did I was?? Turnovers were a huge issue, will always be a problem but can only improve. So how confident are you in saying that Jordan will have the 4th best season out of those mentioned? Cause im pretty confident he wont.

No I actually had St. John's being a bubble team and making the NCAAs. But yes I do think he will be ranked 4th out of DSR, Arch, and Dunham.
hoyahooligan

Postby Rum_Ham » Fri May 01, 2015 10:11 pm

Amase2 wrote:
Rum_Ham wrote:Any SJU fans know if Christian Jones will be back? He doesn't really play much at Mullin could probably find a better player or transfer with that scholarship

We have 3 open scholarships as is. Plus he redshirted and would lose a year of eligibility if he transferred to a D1 school. Hope he sticks around, I happen to like him.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully Mullin can land Mussini/Lovett, papagiannis, and then Larrier as a transfer with those last 3 scholarships
Marquette 2016
Rum_Ham

Postby Red Rooster » Fri May 01, 2015 10:49 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
Amase2 wrote:

Mase doesn't have to do anything towards you for you to hate on St. John's. No one has to twist your arm to get you "hating" on them. IMO, you found a way to "dislike" St. John's by the quote below:

But he doesn't have it between the ears the way the other 3 do and thus will likely never be as good as them due to his low BBIQ. Maybe Mullin can improve that some, but that's a hard thing to teach.
Red Rooster

Postby NJRedman » Sat May 02, 2015 10:20 am

Red Rooster wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:
Amase2 wrote:

Mase doesn't have to do anything towards you for you to hate on St. John's. No one has to twist your arm to get you "hating" on them. IMO, you found a way to "dislike" St. John's by the quote below:

But he doesn't have it between the ears the way the other 3 do and thus will likely never be as good as them due to his low BBIQ. Maybe Mullin can improve that some, but that's a hard thing to teach.

He's really gonna "hate" us when we beat them twice next year. He's also gonna "hate" that they don't have a significant height advantage against us anymore.
NJRedman

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat May 02, 2015 9:51 pm

The best player in the Big East, for this coming season (2015-16)? You guys need to take vacations. The stress of city living, the crime, the violence, riots, and the smog have affected whatever little reasoning power you have left.

You're all incorrect. The best player this coming season, in the Big East -
As well as Newcomer of the Year, is....

Maurice Watson, of Creighton. Mo is gonna kick some butt this season.
Luv'z you too.

:D ;)
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board