2015 Gavitt Tip-Off Games

The home for Big East hoops

Re: 2015 Gavitt Tip-Off Games

Postby MUBoxer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:13 pm

billyjack wrote:Rutgers at St John's <--- bunny.
Illinois at Providence <--- in Dunn returns, I like PC.
Nebraska at Villanova <--- bunny.
Iowa at Marquette <--- if Ellenson, etc, had a few more games under their belt, they'd be solid favorites.

Georgetown at Maryland <--- toss up.
Xavier at Michigan <--- Xavier is going to be good next year. MU had a tough 2015 season.
Creighton at Indiana <--- many have overlooked how good Creighton played late last year.
DePaul at Penn State <--- like with Marquette, if Leitao had a few games under his belt, I think DePaul could win this easily.

I think in the end the Big East will go 4-4, 5-3 or 3-5.
There is actually a not-too-crazy chance for us to go 8-0.

We talk about "perception" a lot. A great Big East showing in the Gavitts would go a long way.

If Marquette wasn't going to Italy this year I'd agree with you but I think that added experience will get the freshmen, particularly Henry and Haanif, a lot more game ready than usual. Plus Fisher and Duane will be pretty solid. If we get Lee then we win easy.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby billyjack » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:45 am

MUBoxer wrote:
Iowa at Marquette <--- if Ellenson, etc, had a few more games under their belt, they'd be solid favorites.

Xavier at Michigan <--- Xavier is going to be good next year. MU had a tough 2015 season.
Creighton at Indiana <--- many have overlooked how good Creighton played late last year.
DePaul at Penn State <--- like with Marquette, if Leitao had a few games under his belt, I think DePaul could win this easily.

We talk about "perception" a lot. A great Big East showing in the Gavitts would go a long way.

If Marquette wasn't going to Italy this year I'd agree with you but I think that added experience will get the freshmen, particularly Henry and Haanif, a lot more game ready than usual. Plus Fisher and Duane will be pretty solid. If we get Lee then we win easy.

Good point boxer.
I didn't realize that MU was going to Italy.
Italia... dove le donne sono come frutti maturi... e spero di andare in chiesa anche, durante il viaggio... buone bambini con il maestro polacco.
P.S. Noi invitiamo "Santa Croce", i Crociati, al Big East, no?
Providence
billyjack

Postby MUBoxer » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:52 am

billyjack wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:

Good point boxer.
Italia... dove le donne sono come frutti maturi... e spero di andare in chiesa anche, durante il viaggio... buone bambini con il maestro polacco.

Four year of italian in High School and two semesters in college and I still can't read that.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby stever20 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:29 am

One thing to remember about the Tuesday is that's the day that is the tip-off Marathon on ESPN networks.

Could easily see the DePaul/Penn St game as an afternoon tip-off game. DePaul may like that as well since they travel to Paradise Jam right after that.

You would think the Georgetown/Maryland game would be a feature game on ESPN 2 that night(won't be on ESPN due to the yearly Champions Classic with Duke/Michigan St/Kansas/Kentucky).

The Nova/Nebraska game will get buried on FS1 that night. At bare minimum it'll be going up against the Champions Classic. Likely a 2nd game as well on ESPN's. Not sure why they didn't schedule that on Wednesday instead of Tuesday night.
stever20

Postby marquette » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:50 am

MUBoxer wrote:
billyjack wrote:Good point boxer.

Four year of italian in High School and two semesters in college and I still can't read that.

He likes Italian women and churches. He wants us to add Holy Cross.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby jfan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:53 pm

marquette wrote:
MUBoxer wrote:
billyjack wrote:Good point boxer.

He likes Italian women and churches. He wants us to add Holy Cross.

Creighton is also going to Italy this summer, maybe the two teams can play a pickup game! Actually, this trip is great timing for both teams. With all the new faces, the extra practice time should help all these new players on both teams get more comfortable for the coming season.
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:39 pm

jfan wrote:Creighton is also going to Italy this summer, maybe the two teams can play a pickup game! Actually, this trip is great timing for both teams. With all the new faces, the extra practice time should help all these new players on both teams get more comfortable for the coming season.

Georgetown is also going to Italy this summer as well. There must have been a groupon or something :D
hoyahooligan

Postby jfan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:26 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
jfan wrote:Creighton is also going to Italy this summer, maybe the two teams can play a pickup game! Actually, this trip is great timing for both teams. With all the new faces, the extra practice time should help all these new players on both teams get more comfortable for the coming season.

Georgetown is also going to Italy this summer as well. There must have been a groupon or something :D

Well, we are a mostly Catholic league! When in Rome... etc. I smell a preseason conference tournament!!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby MUBoxer » Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:04 pm

Any chance it was set up with the jesuit universities over there? It seems odd that so many of us are going at the same time.
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board