Lauren Hill

The home for Big East hoops

Lauren Hill gone

Postby stever20 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:13 am

Just saw that she passed away...
great story from ESPN:
http://espn.go.com/womens-college-baske ... ampionship

let's all remember what is actually important in life.....
stever20

Lauren Hill gone

Sponsor

Sponsor

Lauren Hill

Postby Xudash » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:58 am

God bless you. May you rest in peace.

Most of you here may not be familiar with her story. I strongly suggest that you Google her name to learn a little bit about her. She lived a full, more purposeful life to the age of 18 than many people do making it to an old age.

This is even a basketball related story. But the real story is Lauren Hill.

Take a minute to say a prayer for her, even though she probably doesn't need them: with what she accomplished, I imagine she is prepaid all the way to heaven.
XAVIER
Xudash

Re: Lauren Hill

Postby R Jay » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:00 am

+1
Her impact will be felt for generations to come.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby billyjack » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:14 am

Thank you for posting this.
Sorry to hear of her passing.
Amazing person.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:29 am

A great set of tweets from Lebron James today:

Dear Lauren Hill,
You are the true definition of strength, courage, power, leadership, etc etc! Your time spent on earth will never be forgotten. I have that I never got the chance to meet u in person but know you inspired me the whole time! For every life u touched, u made the biggest impact of them by just being YOU!! You're in a far better place now and please don't have to much fun up there w/o all your family and friends. Can u please tell my Grandma I said hello. Don't be afraid, she knows you cause we spoke about u plenty of times..Until we officially meet again, take care and continue to be that LEADER we all love! #RIPLaurenHill

Sincerely,
LeBron James
stever20

Postby TheZoo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:47 pm

I've been following this story. Very sad to hear this news. Special thanks to the Xavier athletic department, student body, and the entire Cincinnati community for rallying behind this kid. I know they are hurting too.
TheZoo

Postby Michael in Raleigh » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:30 pm

Some dear friends of mine I've known since I was a college freshman, 14 years ago, recently had an infant son who passed away after only five days in which, given his rare condition, he beat every odd by even surviving longer than 30 minutes. Long story, but the impact that little boy has made, as well as his parents' gracious, faith-filled response, has impacted many lives for the better.

No words can really sufficiently help comfort my friends, but one thing I told them was that their son made and is still making a wonderful difference in this world. His life was a life well-lived, and that he has given them so much to be proud of.

I think that sentiment applies with Lauren Hill. As the first-time father of a four-month old son myself, I cannot imagine the pain Lauren's family or my friends have suffered. But, my goodness, what a special, wonderful life she did live in her all too brief time on earth. Her story is amazing. I'm sad that we, as a nation, have lost her.

My sincere condolences to her family, her school, Xavier, and the Cincinnati community.
Michael in Raleigh

Postby MUPanther » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:47 pm

Thanks for FSN in boardcasting the game. It was great to see Pat Summit at that game at Xavier to support L. Hill.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby MUPanther » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:52 pm

Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Hoyas » Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:20 pm

just saw this:
Xavier to host Lauren Hill memorial

A public memorial service will be held Monday in Cincinnati for Lauren Hill, who died Friday from an inoperable brain tumor. The 10,000-seat Xavier arena is where Hill made a layup in front of a sold-out crowd to start the season.
Hoyas

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board