Marquette

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Marquette

Postby marquette » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:52 pm

MUBoxer wrote:
Mufan15 wrote:Here are some pictures of the plan for those interested...

Love the concept, but am I the only one who doesn't see that as looking anything like the actual area? Where's Turner Hall, MATC, The Panther Arena?

Also this looks really nice but with just MU, Admirals and the Bucks I feel they should probably get an NHL team there to or else they won't get a very good return on the investment.

I'd love to have an NHL team here, but the Milwaukee Metro probably needs to grow somewhere in the neighborhood of 200k before we will have the population base to support another pro team.

The pictures are from the south looking north. If you imagine standing on top of the Chase building or maybe the top of the Marcus center, looking North across the river, that's the perspective. The Panther arena is at the bottom. The new development, except for the arena itself, is located where the BC and parking ramp are now.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby MUPanther » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Yep, in the middle picture UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena and the Milwaukee Theatre is there. Plus, that means Major Goolsbys, the best hamburgers is going anywhere!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby Xudash » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:15 pm

Great news for Marquette. Congrats.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MUBoxer » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:44 pm

MUPanther wrote:Yep, in the middle picture UW-Milwaukee Panther Arena and the Milwaukee Theatre is there. Plus, that means Major Goolsbys, the best hamburgers is going anywhere!

Their wings are good but noway the best burgers they're behind sobleman's, Aj Bombers and Oscar's
Marquette 2013
NUI-Galway 2019
MUBoxer

Postby Boyee » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:44 am

While it looks very nice, I don't see anything wrong with the Bradley Center. I doubt Milwaukee will get an NHL team as Chicago already has the Blackhawks and the NHL already has 30 teams the only way that would happen is if some team were to relocate. I think Blackhawks owner Rocky Wirtz would not look on it kindly.
Boyee, DePaul University Alumnus
Boyee

Postby MUPanther » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:57 pm

While the Bradley Center has been very clean, there are many things wrong with the Bradley Center.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby marquette » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:02 pm

Boyee wrote:While it looks very nice, I don't see anything wrong with the Bradley Center.

The Bradley Center needs to, in the next 10 years, replace the HVAC system, replace portions of the leaky roof, replace the elevators, replace almost all of the seats, replace the lighting system, replace the parking structure, and many more. Price tag: $100 million. The Bucks leave if we don't get a new arena. Over 20 years they will pay, based on this year's taxes, $140 million in income tax. The state is being asked to contribute $250 million. Over 20 years, the difference is $10 million dollars. That doesn't count other benefits like the 600,000 plus people the Bucks draw downtown every year. Other factors include the boost in reputation the city gets from having an NBA squad, the boost the Bucks give Marquette by contributing to our sports science research center, the charity work the Bucks contribute to, or the $500 million the owners have proposed to invest in Milwaukee's downtown by building hotels, condos, retail space, a practice facility, and an outdoor entertaining space. There are risks, but in this poster's humble opinion we are getting a steal.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby NovaBall » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:14 pm

Nice
NovaBall

Postby NovaBall » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:24 pm

Marquette still in thedaman an lee sweepstakes.
NovaBall

Postby yaboynyp » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:34 pm

^ Here it’s looking really good for them tbh...
yaboynyp

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board