Conference realignment discussion - v. 2015

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Conference realignment discussion - v. 2015

Postby hoopstar » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:01 pm

I am in Indy, heard from a source BIg East schools asked not to schedule OCC games with VCU/SLU/Dayton... could be additions within 24 months.
hoopstar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Dew » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:09 pm

hoopstar wrote:I am in Indy, heard from a source BIg East schools asked not to schedule OCC games with VCU/SLU/Dayton... could be additions within 24 months.

Lol at new user with breaking news. Back under your bridge troll.
Dew

Postby hoopstar » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:12 pm

Will happen quickly, not a coincidence that Marshall/MIller spurn larger schools. stay tune ace.
hoopstar

Postby Hoyas » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:16 pm

hoopstar wrote:Will happen quickly, not a coincidence that Marshall/MIller spurn larger schools. stay tune ace.

coaches from programs like Wichita/Dayton/VCU have spurned larger schools and it's had nothing to do with realignment. See Gonzaga in basketball, Boise in football. And, even with Boise- Peterson finally left.
Hoyas

Postby R Jay » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:13 pm

Sorry, but I just looked into my crystal ball and determined that there would be no expansion this year. I then confirmed it with my magic 8 ball.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby zmagic30 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:34 pm

hoopstar wrote:Will happen quickly, not a coincidence that Marshall/MIller spurn larger schools. stay tune ace.

What does Gregggggg Marshall have to do with VCU/SLU/Dayton? Nice try!
Creighton
There's always next year!
zmagic30

Postby Butlerfan28 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:13 pm

Hoyas wrote:Take this with a grain of salt but there is a rumor that the Marshall deal with Wichita requires a change of conference.

Normally I wouldn't believe it, but this is so important to Wichita that it could make some sense.

With three sweet sixteen appearances in the 2000's and a final four run, Wichita would be an asset to many conferences.
Butlerfan28

Postby hoopstar » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:22 am

Boys, there will be major shifts in conferences the next 24 mos. The Play for pay will make a huge impact as will the TV contracts . Conferences including the Big East have to be ahead of the game and ready to go. UConn and Cinn looking at all options and more movement to come. The first two years of Big East was solid, teams getting better but Fox will need more product. Ratings rule the day and thus far not so good.
hoopstar

Postby HoosierPal » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:03 am

Unlike hoopstar, I have heard nothing in Indy regarding conference realignments. However, I agree that it is much better to be proactive than reactive. Adding some existing rivalries would be interesting. Wichita State and Creighton are naturals. The same can be said with Xavier and Dayton. Rivalries need passion, proximity and normally a history. Rivalries draw a few more eyeballs. I'd watch Duke v NC before I'd watch Duke v Louisville any day of the week.

With the Dawgs jumping conferences annually a few years back, it has been impossible to continue/establish solid rivalries. I guess we would suggest Xavier is our biggest Big East rival, but I am not sure Xavier would agree. Perhaps we could rekindle the SLU rivalry?
HoosierPal

Postby DudeAnon » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:05 am

Catholics are known for being proactive, we should be fine.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board