3 Inches From The Greatest Basketball Story Ever Told

The home for Big East hoops

Postby butlerguy03 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:17 pm

IndyStar: 3 Inches From The Greatest Basketball Story Ever Told

http://www.indystar.com/longform/sports ... /70680056/

Gut Wrenching. I remember sitting with my infant son in disbelief that Butler had made a Final Four. Time stopped when Hayward's shot went up, I will always remember everything about that tournament. The smugness of Syracuse, K-State, Murray State pushing us to the wire, standing outside of Hinkle in the cold rain waiting for the team to return after beating K-State, 30K in attendance for the Butler open practice on that Friday, etc.
Last edited by butlerguy03 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 3 Inches From The Greateast Basketball Story Ever Told

Postby Irishdawg » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:56 pm

butlerguy03 wrote:IndyStar: 3 Inches From The Greatest Basketball Story Ever Told

http://www.indystar.com/longform/sports ... /70680056/

Gut Wrenching. I remember sitting with my infant son in disbelief that Butler had made a Final Four. Time stopped when Hayward's shot went up, I will always remember everything about that tournament. The smugness of Syracuse, K-State, Murray State pushing us to the wire, standing outside of Hinkle in the cold rain waiting for the team to return after beating K-State, 30K in attendance for the Butler open practice on that Friday, etc.

I'm sure it's well written since it's Keefer, but I have absolutely no desire to relive this. A lot to be proud of for sure, but the title alone just feels like a knife twist.
Irishdawg

Return to Big East basketball message board