Cincinnati and Butler arranging H&H Series

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Cincinnati and Butler arranging H&H Series

Postby Jet915 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:18 pm

stever20 wrote:The AAC is going to be much improved next year- Memphis and UConn will be back(both got top 6 transfers), and Temple/SMU/Tulsa don't go anywhere.

Also Cincy plays OOC a real good schedule. I know Xavier, Butler, and I think VCU as well. Maybe San Diego St and NC State in playback games.

Bottom line with Xavier/Cincy- look at their overall tourney seeds... Xavier was #24, Cincy was #29. If Cincy wins the head to head game, those seeds are reversed. If you call Cincy average, then Xavier was average. 2 point game when you played head to head.

Already back on the bandwagon eh?
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby pki1998 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:26 am

stever20 wrote:The AAC is going to be much improved next year- Memphis and UConn will be back(both got top 6 transfers), and Temple/SMU/Tulsa don't go anywhere.

Also Cincy plays OOC a real good schedule. I know Xavier, Butler, and I think VCU as well. Maybe San Diego St and NC State in playback games.

Bottom line with Xavier/Cincy- look at their overall tourney seeds... Xavier was #24, Cincy was #29. If Cincy wins the head to head game, those seeds are reversed. If you call Cincy average, then Xavier was average. 2 point game when you played head to head.

Has Stever ever said who his team is? It certainly not anyone from the Big East. Yet he has over 3k post on a Big East board. Why does someone who's team isn't in the big east and constantly tries to put the conference down spend so much time on this board? Maybe we should all just set him to ignore
Xavier
pki1998

Postby hoyahooligan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:35 am

pki1998 wrote:

Has Stever ever said who his team is? It certainly not anyone from the Big East. Yet he has over 3k post on a Big East board. Why does someone who's team isn't in the big east and constantly tries to put the conference down spend so much time on this board? Maybe we should all just set him to ignore

He claims to be a Georgetown fan. Which makes me sad.
hoyahooligan

Postby stever20 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:50 am

hoyahooligan wrote:
pki1998 wrote:

Why, because I'm not willing to trash other conferences? It's idiotic to call Cincy just an average team. Them and Xavier were in the committee's mind pretty much the same team- just Xavier won the head to head. If that game goes different- their seeds are exactly the different one. They were the #29 seed in the committee's mind. Since when is that just considered average? I would have said last year that Xavier and PC weren't just average teams- yet they were seeded 43 and 46(or 14 and 17 seeds behind where Cincy was this year). to put the #29 in perspective- that's a team in the top 8.3% of the teams in the country. Since when is that just considered average?

Why do we have to go around here trashing everyone else? Make us feel better? I'm sorry, but that's a joke. It's stupid and frankly sad that pretty much everyone on here has to trash any team from any other conference just to make us feel better.
stever20

Postby _lh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:49 am

UC was indeed average last year. XU was slightly above average most of the year but had a great finish to their season.
Xavier
_lh

Postby stever20 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:59 am

_lh wrote:UC was indeed average last year. XU was slightly above average most of the year but had a great finish to their season.

A team that is in the top 30 of the country is not average.
stever20

Postby hoyahooligan » Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:11 am

stever20 wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:

Why, because I'm not willing to trash other conferences? It's idiotic to call Cincy just an average team. Them and Xavier were in the committee's mind pretty much the same team- just Xavier won the head to head. If that game goes different- their seeds are exactly the different one. They were the #29 seed in the committee's mind. Since when is that just considered average? I would have said last year that Xavier and PC weren't just average teams- yet they were seeded 43 and 46(or 14 and 17 seeds behind where Cincy was this year). to put the #29 in perspective- that's a team in the top 8.3% of the teams in the country. Since when is that just considered average?

Why do we have to go around here trashing everyone else? Make us feel better? I'm sorry, but that's a joke. It's stupid and frankly sad that pretty much everyone on here has to trash any team from any other conference just to make us feel better.

Because you're a contrarian and you only have bad things to say about the BE and good things to say about everyone else. You either like to argue for the sake of arguing or you actually hate the BE either way you're disliked on this board.
hoyahooligan

Postby jaxalum » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:15 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:
pki1998 wrote:

I actually did laugh out loud at that. Good stuff Hoya.
Xavier
jaxalum

Postby BEX » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:12 pm

Stever ain't no X fan for sure. He prefaces all his posts with, "if Xavier lost to UC, Creighton, Ole Miss, GSU, Butler, G'Town, etc,etc.... " Newsflash, they didn't lose those games. If Wisc didn't lose to Duke they'd be NC. Move on. X ended up #22, so I would say they were about the 22nd best.
BEX

Postby _lh » Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:25 pm

BEX wrote:Stever ain't no X fan for sure. He prefaces all his posts with, "if Xavier lost to UC, Creighton, Ole Miss, GSU, Butler, G'Town, etc,etc.... " Newsflash, they didn't lose those games. If Wisc didn't lose to Duke they'd be NC. Move on. X ended up #22, so I would say they were about the 22nd best.

Yes and UC was just average this past season.
Xavier
_lh

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board