Chris Mullin new head coach of St. John's!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Chris Mullin new head coach of St. John's!

Postby NJRedman » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:28 am

hoyahooligan wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/12602592/east-beats-west-mcdonald-all-american-boys-game

"One of his options is St. John's, but the 6-foot-9, 230-pound forward said he didn't know new coach Chris Mullin.

"I really don't know him, so I don't want to talk about him," Diallo said."

Ouch. :?

But I think he means he doesn't have a relationship with him yet, not that he doesn't know he was a professional basketball player. I hope at least.

Before you guys read too much into it, he knows who our head recruiter is and he'll know who Mullin is very very shortly.

Also Mullin yesterday offered a scholarship to the top junior in NYC who Lavin had ignored, Rawle Alkins. The kid who in an article i perviously posted who said the Mullin hire was a good one.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TBC Alum » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:04 pm

NJRedman wrote: The kid who in an article i perviously posted...

I know it's a typo, but man does that sound creepy
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Postby Red Rooster » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:43 pm

NJRedman wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/basketball/mens/story/_/id/12602592/east-beats-west-mcdonald-all-american-boys-game

"One of his options is St. John's, but the 6-foot-9, 230-pound forward said he didn't know new coach Chris Mullin.

"I really don't know him, so I don't want to talk about him," Diallo said."

Ouch. :?

But I think he means he doesn't have a relationship with him yet, not that he doesn't know he was a professional basketball player. I hope at least.

Before you guys read too much into it, he knows who our head recruiter is and he'll know who Mullin is very very shortly.

Also Mullin yesterday offered a scholarship to the top junior in NYC who Lavin had ignored, Rawle Alkins. The kid who in an article i perviously posted who said the Mullin hire was a good one.

Lavin didn't ignore Alkins. CTK's head coach had some issues with Lavin for some reason. He probably wanted his ring kissed. You never know with some of these coaches. In that case, Lavin probably knew he had to go through the coach to recruit Alkins.

Speaking of Diallo, Slice was also recruiting Diallo to Kentucky. So, St. John's could actually have Matt Abdelmassih and Barry Rohrssen going after Diallo in a few days.
Red Rooster

Postby Rum_Ham » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:07 am

May be slightly off topic but it looks like Mullin convinced Obekpa to come back next year. Hopefully Rysheed is next
Marquette 2016
Rum_Ham

Postby stever20 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:24 am

I think one point that hasn't been brought up by folks talking about how New York City bball is down....

Mullin focusing on New York City basketball like it looks like he will may well cultivate NYC basketball- improving the quality of NYC basketball overall.
stever20

Postby BigmanU » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:57 am

St. John's insiders, Sorry in advance if I missed it

Is Keith Thomas still enrolled in school (preparing to play next year)???

I'm assuming Adonis De La Rosa is still enrolled redshirting this year??
BigmanU

Postby NJRedman » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:48 am

BigmanU wrote:St. John's insiders, Sorry in advance if I missed it

Keith Thomas no, Adonis yes but not sure about his redshirt status
NJRedman

Postby R Jay » Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:57 am

NJRedman wrote:

Didn't Adonis play a little bit in conference when Obekpa was sitting out? If so I believe he loses his redshirt because he played in the second half of the season.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Red Rooster » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:38 am

Rum_Ham wrote:May be slightly off topic but it looks like Mullin convinced Obekpa to come back next year. Hopefully Rysheed is next

I do feel Obekpa will return, but there isn't anything concrete on him returning, yet.
Last edited by Red Rooster on Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Rooster

Postby Red Rooster » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:40 am

R Jay wrote:
NJRedman wrote:

Didn't Adonis play a little bit in conference when Obekpa was sitting out? If so I believe he loses his redshirt because he played in the second half of the season.

Adonis only played in an exhibition game. He never played in the regular season. You're probably thinking about Adonis' brother, Joey. Adonis is a much better prospect than his older brother.
Red Rooster

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board