Andy Katz: DePaul to Name Dave Leitao Head Coach

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Demon22 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:23 pm

Speechless. Stunned. Pick pretty much any adjective along those lines.

Andy KatzVerified account
‏@ESPNAndyKatz
DePaul and Dave Leitao's reps are working on specifics of a deal. Barring hiccup, he will return as head coach, multiple sources told ESPN.
Demon22

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Andy Katz: DePaul to Name Dave Leitao Head Coach

Postby Hoyas » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:25 pm

what is interesting is the 2nd tweet Katz had
ESPNAndyKatz Andy Katz
Leitao did fine at DePaul from 2002-05. Went to 1 NCAA (last one for DePaul) and 2 NITs. He left for UVA. If it gets done, makes sense.
Hoyas

Postby R Jay » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:25 pm

Wow. I'd love to be optimistic for you, Demon fans, but when Hurley and Drew are out there and you get Leitao, I just can't say anything other than "wow."
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Hoyas » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:27 pm

One thing saw on a board was folks speculating that maybe Hurley and Drew were using the DePaul job as leverage- they didn't want to come there.
Hoyas

Postby Hoyas » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:29 pm

and it was done:
GoodmanESPN Jeff Goodman
DePaul has agreed to deal in principle with Dave Leitao, sources told ESPN. He will return to Chicago.
Hoyas

Postby Demon22 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:29 pm

I'm sure I'll be able to view this rationally in a few days, but right now It's like having the bases loaded and nobody out and hitting into a triple play followed by the stadium catching on fire and the franchise announcing that they're ceasing operations.

I'm sure our inevitable move the Horizon League is right around the corner.
Demon22

Postby Demon22 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:31 pm

Hoyas wrote:One thing saw on a board was folks speculating that maybe Hurley and Drew were using the DePaul job as leverage- they didn't want to come there.

You know what... then I want my f***ing money back from the "Search" firm that they paid tens of thousands of dollars to, only for them to come up with the guy who did a decent job 10 years ago. Don't bring me candidates to interview who have no f***ing interest in taking the job.
Demon22

Postby Hoyas » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:35 pm

Demon22 wrote:
Hoyas wrote:One thing saw on a board was folks speculating that maybe Hurley and Drew were using the DePaul job as leverage- they didn't want to come there.

You know what... then I want my f***ing money back from the "Search" firm that they paid tens of thousands of dollars to, only for them to come up with the guy who did a decent job 10 years ago. Don't bring me candidates to interview who have no f***ing interest in taking the job.

DePaul wouldn't be the first program to be used by a coach like that before. And won't be the last either.
Hoyas

Postby Demon22 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:36 pm

How the heck is Dave Leitao 3rd on a list that includes Bobby Hurley and Bryce Drew?

I'd have rather hired Ty Corbin, and I wanted pretty much nothing to do with Ty Corbin. There had better be a really friggin' big 2nd shoe that's ready to drop here.
Demon22

Postby Hoyas » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:37 pm

Gary Parrish from CBS reporting this as well:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... paul-again
Hoyas

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board