Lavin Out

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Lavin Out

Postby Hall2012 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:36 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:And ESPN reporting Dan Hurley's extension at URI is a done deal. Now as we all know, extensions mean pretty much nothing, but Hurley choosing to stay doesn't really surprise me. He has a likely NCAA Tournament team and an A10 Championship favorite for next year at URI- compared to a St. John's team that's having its roster gutted. He'll have a lot more bargaining power next year after taking the Rams to the dance (and possibly A10 title and a tourney win or 2) than he has this year after just an NIT appearance.

But the St. John's job won't be open next year, which suggests that it isn't his dream job. :?

My hope is that his alma mater comes calling next year. Problem though, is that if he has the aforementioned success, they're likely to have some big competition that they just can't compete with financially. They'd have to hope that the opportunity to return to New Jersey really is as big a factor to him as speculation suggests.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby zmagic30 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:12 pm

@JonRothstein: BREAKING: St. John's has offered Chris Mullin its HC job + he is expected to accept, sources told @CBSSports. Story: http://t.co/Cbm5AuRHvk
Creighton
There's always next year!
zmagic30

Postby mel ott » Sun Mar 29, 2015 4:14 pm

Jon Rothstein texting St John's has offered job to Chris Mullin and he is expected to accept sources told CBS sports. Wow, Creighton tried that with Willis Reed -class gentleman and real good recruiter; not so much as a coach. Don't know about Mullin's coaching-can't wait to hear from the Johnnie's !
mel ott

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:39 pm

NJRedman wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:I am hearing, from reliable sources, that Mullin is the guy, already decided. If it were up to me, I would have gone with Danny Hurley. If Jay Wright were to leave tomorrow, I would go with Danny Hurley. It will be interesting to see what Mullin can do but I'll be rooting for him.....just not against Villanova.

Who are your reliable sources since even beat writers aren't hearing anything concrete.

They are reliable.....
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board