Did anyone notice . . .?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Did anyone notice . . .?

Postby stever20 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:42 am

OF course, looking at it, if Tulsa had beaten SMU that last Sunday of the regular season- things are very different. Tulsa would have been 1 seed, playing Temple in the SF. SMU would have gotten UConn a day earlier.

I think it's pretty safe to say where things were, if that happens- the winner of the Tulsa/Temple game would have been dancing. If it's Tulsa- they have wins over SMU and another one over Temple. If it's Temple, it's another top 50 win over Tulsa.

And with that- Dayton doesn't make the tourney, and PC could still be playing :)
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby LeMoyne00 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:15 am

Bill Marsh wrote:That Tulsa was blown out by Murray State by 20 points Monday night? Before Murray State went out and lost to Old Dominion last night? :lol:

I can't believe that someone on this board was trying to sell us on Tulsa as a legit tournament team. :roll:

Does one game really mean anything? If I had to look at ONE GAME, then WVU shouldn't have been in the tourney, the way they were blown out last night by more than double their score!

One game means nothing; it's especially meaningless following the disappointment of not making the tourney and trying to get yourself up for a basically meaningless postseason set of NIT games.
Catholic Basketball Proud... wish we had the Irish!
LeMoyne00

Postby stever20 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:22 am

LeMoyne00 wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote:That Tulsa was blown out by Murray State by 20 points Monday night? Before Murray State went out and lost to Old Dominion last night? :lol:

I can't believe that someone on this board was trying to sell us on Tulsa as a legit tournament team. :roll:

Does one game really mean anything? If I had to look at ONE GAME, then WVU shouldn't have been in the tourney, the way they were blown out last night by more than double their score!

One game means nothing; it's especially meaningless following the disappointment of not making the tourney and trying to get yourself up for a basically meaningless postseason set of NIT games.

It's amazing how often those meaningless NIT games turn out to help a program out. Look at Wichita(I know, tough for Creighton fans).
stever20

Postby marquette » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:05 pm

LeMoyne00 wrote:

you must have missed this

Bill Marsh wrote: When added to their overall record, a 3-point win at home over William & Mary and a 20 point blow out loss to Murray State AT HOME certainly does round out their narrative as a team well outside the top 50, i.e. NCAA tournament teams exclusive of the automatic qualifiers from mid major leagues.

BTW, who's judging them on one game? My position on them has been clear for the past 6 weeks. Over that time, each additional lackluster performance has had a cumulative effect.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board