Big East putting the college basketball world on notice

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East putting the college basketball world on notice

Postby gtmoBlue » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:21 am

Another revenue stream. That is why the conference hq launched the BE Digital Network. The BEDN will give sports followers online, 24/7 access to all BE sports regardless of platform: desktop computers, computer tablets, mobile devices, phones, etc. Sports junkies will be connected whereever they happen to be, home, office, commuting, vacation, China, Afghanistan, Cleveland, etc.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am

ChestRockwell85 wrote:I guess my point before this started to get off topic and we were started to google each team's history in order to take shots at each other and not focus on what has happened WITHIN THE LAST 2 MONTHS, was that I really want to see ALL Big East teams do well. If you looked at my prior posts I said I think marijuana is pretty much a joke and it might as well be like chewing gum, I even ON MY OWN, brought up Reggie Redding at Villanova getting caught for weed to acknowledge the fact it HAPPENS EVERYWHERE. It still doesn't change the fact that this kid, especially after being suspended in February, really needs to work on his decision making but the choices he makes don't just hurt him but it hurts his team as well. I guess we will see how much it hurts his team tonight.

Earth to Chestrockwell YOU got the thread off topic bitching about Obekpa. There were no shots, just showing that you're a hypocrite who criticizes other teams players while overlooking the mistakes of his own teams.
NJRedman

Postby NJRedman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:52 am

Edrick wrote:Are we really acting like this is an isolated occurrence? Something crops up with Obekpa every couple of months.

This is just clearly who he is. If you continually act like a jackass, you are no longer acting. You are a jackass.

Every couple of months? The elbow and this. What else did he do?
NJRedman

Postby NJRedman » Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:55 am

ChestRockwell85 wrote:
NJRedman wrote:
ChestRockwell85 wrote:Pinkston was provoked. I am not defending him but let's not make it look like he walked into a party and started to throw fists. He has done everything in his power to correct the situation and he has behaved appropriately since then. Also, that was OVER 4 years ago. I am talking about a player, an upperclassman, who has been suspended twice in the last month and a half. You guys are starting to nitpick and it is CRAP. Also, I have heard of this thing called google as well. I mean I can start googling things like the brawl that took place in 2011 and lead to 4 Xavier players being suspended(Pinkston's thing happened in 2010 by the way so even FURTHER back) and using that as ammo.....BUT THAT STILL DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT IT IS CRAP!

Obekpa was suspended ONCE, not twice. If you're going to play the outraged card at least be right about the facts. Lavin didn't start him for a half after the forearm shiver and in the first 7 seconds back Obekpa hurt his ankle. 4 year or 4 weeks who gives a chit. No one cares what you think of Obekpa, you have single handidly derailed this thread. Congrats.

PS - why don't you take a look at this FIFTY page thread on redmen.com. It looks like some of your SJU brethren aren't taking the news as well as you are. Best of luck to you in the tournament and next year.

http://redmen.com/forum/4-redmentalk/43 ... -suspended

Redmen.com? Yeah, no sane poster goes there. It's like a bunch of Hoopers.
NJRedman

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:40 am

NJRedmen, I think I should be a little more clear about my situation. I grew up and still live about 20 minutes away from Carnesecca. The furthest I have been away from Carnesecca was the 4 years I was at Villanova and the 8 years I lived in Manhattan which just put me closer to MSG. I have grown up going to St. John's games (although I was always a Villanova fan) and go to about 8 games a year still. I went to the Butler game at Carnesecca this year by myself. I have friends who are VERY close to the SJU program and have been to more weddings that had a St. John's priest performing the ceremony. I have had conversations with Gene Keady at the red and white club before games and said hello to Lou. No offense to my friend from Xavier in this thread, but our perspectives of the St. John's program are coming from totally different places.

With that being said, if you are happy with the situation at St. John's right now than our views of success are obviously completely different. The only thing I regret saying is calling Obepka a clown. That is not fair to do and I should not be calling a college kid a clown. But please take note that I did say things like these things happen, and you can compare it chewing gum, etc. The point was, this kid put himself before his team and the program. He broke the rules and St. John's obviously paid for it. SDSU is not a good team and if Obepka was there last night, you guys could have won. He hurt you guys. It's just that simple.

My thoughts on SJU. Lavin is a good guy but he has hurt you. Your team is going to be in trouble next year. Go after Hurley or Archie Miller and move on. Best of luck to SJU! I'll continue to be rooting for the program.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby Know Nothing » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:47 am

4-2 is a good start to the tournament. But like an earlier poster said, the determining factor about how successful the Big East post season has been is going to be 1. How many teams Big East teams advance to the sweet 16(I think 3 is a good goal) and 2. How far Big East champion Villanova advances(Final Four or better is the goal, anything short of Elite 8 is a disaster).
Know Nothing

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board