NCAA Tourney - Providence vs. Dayton 9:57 p.m. truTV

The home for Big East hoops

Re: NCAA Tourney - Providence vs. Dayton 9:57 p.m. truTV

Postby Hoopfan » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:53 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
GibsoniaPA wrote:It's time to give Dayton some love. How many small private BB Catholic schools outside the BE do you see achieving what they have these last 2 years?

Pre-game board comments here and on the PC board were often about UD just not having the skills nor the athleticism to compete with a top tier Big East team. That UD would likely not even be competitive with PC. That may have been your father's UD program. This one is very well coached, has skilled players at every position, and has heart that few teams can match.

UD was screwed royally with their seeding. Their 32 RPI and wins were simply dismissed by the NCAA. They nearly lost the oppty to be in the 64 and had to bounce back from a terrible F4 game start and then dominated the last 10 minutes of the game against a fresh legs to make it to Columbus ( a game they should have never been a part of). Tomorrow will be their 6th single elimination game in 10 days. With a 6 +1 walk on roster. If they were in the BE they would be the toast of the league this am.

Completely agree with this.

I never had a complaint with UD in this game. They deserve credit for capitalizing on the situation.

My complaint is with the refs who never let PC play their normal game. That was capped off with the T against Cooley, which added insult to injury.

As I posted before the game, I expected this to be a close game in line with the 3 point spread PC was favored by. I had respect for UD and the challenge that they posed. It should have been a better game than it was.

i already posted it and I'll say it again. You cant blame the refs. If they call it close or no fouls its up to the players and coaches to play to the way the game is being called. Blaming it on refs is a cop out for am40 min game that was lost due to a player shooting ice cold and only scoring 5 points in first 12 or whatever it was minutes as a team.
Hoopfan

Re: NCAA Tourney - Providence vs. Dayton 9:57 p.m. truTV

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board