Postby Xudash » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:08 pm

XAVIER
Xudash

Forbes Most Valuable Programs List

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Forbes Most Valuable Programs List

Postby marquette » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:59 pm

Honestly a little surprised at this list. Not surprised that Marquette and Xavier are on it. Not surprised that Dayton just missed it. Slightly surprised that Georgetown and Nova wouldn't be in ahead of Marquette and Xavier. Absolutely stunned that Northwestern is in there.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby pki1998 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:10 am

I can't take any list of MV Programs seriously if Northwestern is included.
Xavier
pki1998

Postby Make Your Bones » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:24 am

Probably a disclosure issue. Doubt Nova, Gtown, or others publishes their numbers since they're not public and don't have to. That said, congrats to X and MU. Glad to see a few BE names on the list, since $$ matters no matter whether you like it or not.
Go Nova!
Make Your Bones

Postby Xudash » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:51 pm

marquette wrote:Honestly a little surprised at this list. Not surprised that Marquette and Xavier are on it. Not surprised that Dayton just missed it. Slightly surprised that Georgetown and Nova wouldn't be in ahead of Marquette and Xavier. Absolutely stunned that Northwestern is in there.

Understanding that you play in an NBA arena as well, part of Nova and the Hoyas missing it probably has to do with the expense side of having to pay for arena access. Otherwise, life in the East is so damn expensive overall.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby kmacker69 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:41 pm

A lot of Schools spend it all so they can claim no profit. No profit, no taxes except for what you buy.
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby redmen9194 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:54 pm

St. John's always notes a zero profit.
redmen9194

Postby gosports1 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:23 pm

what will happen first, Northwestern gets a NCAA bid, or the Cubs get to the world series?
gosports1

Postby marquette » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:52 pm

Xudash wrote:
marquette wrote:Honestly a little surprised at this list. Not surprised that Marquette and Xavier are on it. Not surprised that Dayton just missed it. Slightly surprised that Georgetown and Nova wouldn't be in ahead of Marquette and Xavier. Absolutely stunned that Northwestern is in there.

Understanding that you play in an NBA arena as well, part of Nova and the Hoyas missing it probably has to do with the expense side of having to pay for arena access. Otherwise, life in the East is so damn expensive overall.

You make a good point. I believe we get a better rate than St. John's and Nova in their respective NBA venues, but I think Georgetown has a sweetheart deal due to the owner of the arena being an alum (correct me if I'm wrong). I do get the whole "creative accounting" aspect, as well as the fact that many schools spend the money on facilities etc to hide it. Northwestern still boggles my mind.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:55 am

Yeah I know Georgetown's basketball program subsidizes the non revenue sports at Georgetown, so even though they claim no profit they of course are making a profit. It just stays in the Athletic department.
hoyahooligan

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board