Looking at the brackets, what do you think?

The home for Big East hoops

Postby TheBall » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:31 pm

I'm fine with Nova's draw. I was worried about a geographical disadvantage in the second rd (ie, Ohio state in pittsburgh). Fair match ups for the first weekend, and in the second weekend it's a crap shoot who you play so no use worrying about it.

I like Butler's draw. Texas has potential, but Butler is disciplined enough to play their game and beat Texas. I love the idea of them knocking off in state opponent ND. Everybody is loving ND, but Butler can hang.

Providence has to play Dayton in Ohio? That blows. Oklahoma is pretty tough too. Not as thrilled about their draw.

I like georgetown's draw. EWU and Utah are beatable.

I like Xavier's first round draw, but not sure they can beat Baylor.

Johnnies are in a tough spot. SD State is too physical in the paint for them, especially with no Obekpa. But hey, you never know, maybe the johnnies come out fast and loose and get hot. Hoping for D-Lo to go off.
TheBall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Looking at the brackets, what do you think?

Postby NJRedman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Iowa State makes a Final Four run.
NJRedman

Postby pki1998 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:54 pm

I might be a homer but I have Villanova and Providence in the Elite 8.

NJRedman wrote:Iowa State makes a Final Four run.
I like how you think I keep wavering on Duke Iowa State in the Elite 8
Xavier
pki1998

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:15 pm

TheBall wrote:I'm fine with Nova's draw. I was worried about a geographical disadvantage in the second rd (ie, Ohio state in pittsburgh). Fair match ups for the first weekend, and in the second weekend it's a crap shoot who you play so no use worrying about it.

I like Butler's draw. Texas has potential, but Butler is disciplined enough to play their game and beat Texas. I love the idea of them knocking off in state opponent ND. Everybody is loving ND, but Butler can hang.

Providence has to play Dayton in Ohio? That blows. Oklahoma is pretty tough too. Not as thrilled about their draw.

Johnnies are in a tough spot. SD State is too physical in the paint for them, especially with no Obekpa. But hey, you never know, maybe the johnnies come out fast and loose and get hot. Hoping for D-Lo to go off.

I like Nova's draw too. I think they'll go at least as far as the Elite 8. Have no idea who'll win a Villanova-Virginia game, but it should be fun.

I also like Butler's draw. I not only have them beating Texas, but also beating Notre Dame to get to the Sweet 16. Butler's defense should really give teams like Texas and ND problems because of their reliance on the 3. I'm looking forward to seeing them throw ND off their game in particular.

Despite the home court advantage, I have Dayton losing to Boise, who is a good team. I think that Boise will be a tough matchup for the Friars. I hope I'm wrong and will be rooting for them.

I have Georgetown losing to Utah in the 2nd round.

I expect X to see BYU in their first game. Those guys can shoot and are my sleeper to go to the Sweet 16 in that region. Again, I hope I'm wrong.

Agree with regard to the Johnnies. Tough break. Maybe it will cause them to rally 'round each other. We've seen them do some amazing things with their small lineup this year. On paper, it's not a good matchup for them.
Bill Marsh

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:30 pm

TheBall wrote:I'm fine with Nova's draw. I was worried about a geographical disadvantage in the second rd (ie, Ohio state in pittsburgh). Fair match ups for the first weekend, and in the second weekend it's a crap shoot who you play so no use worrying about it.

I too like Nova's draw. I have them going at least to the Elite 8, I have no idea who'll win a Villanova-Virginia matchup, but it should be a lot of fun.

I like Butler's draw as well. I think their defense will give fits to Texas and Notre Dame, 2 teams that like to shoot the 3. I'm particularly looking forward to them matching up with ND with all the instate rivalry stuff. It should be fun to watch them bang ND around and throw them off their game.

I don't think that PC will have to face Dayton in Ohio. Despite the home court advantage, I think that Boise will beat Dayton. They're a good team and should be a handful for the Friars. I hope I'm wrong and will be rooting for Providence, but I don't like this matchup.

Utah Is a really good shooting team and perimeter defense is not The Hoyas strong suit. I don't think this is the year they'll have a deep run in the tournament. Hope they surprise me.

I expect X to meet BYU. Unfortunately they're my sleeper in that region to go to the Sweet 16. Too much offense.

Agree that the Johnnies are in a tough spot. Maybe they will rally 'round each other in the face of adversity. We've seen their small lineup do some amazing things this year. But it doesn't look good on paper. Even if they win, it's Duke again that awaits. Ugh,
Bill Marsh

Return to Big East basketball message board