ESPN: X, Butler and Providence just Mediocre and Generic

The home for Big East hoops

Re: ESPN: X, Butler and Providence just Mediocre and Generic

Postby jaxalum » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:59 pm

Understand fellow Big East brethren, Dayton fans are absolutely and certifiably insane nut jobs. X fans had to deal with their over the top nonsense for years. Whether they were posting charts and graphs as to how Dayton was passing X as a program or falling back on the successes of forty years ago, they whine, bitch, and moan incessantly. A psychologist would not know where to start in diagnosing the inferiority complex of that fan base. Their powers of rationalization and justification know no bounds, as reasoning with them is equivalent to reasoning with a red sweater wearing, obnoxious, irrationally stubborn, sloppy drunk brick wall. I've tried to understand the special kind of moronic weird that is the Dayton fan and I've reached this conclusion as to why they are the way they are. There is absolutely NOTHING else going for or going on in that place they call Dayton. The collective self confidence of the populace of that city tilts on the performance of the basketball team.

I can sincerely say that I am genuinely pulling for EVERY team in the Big East to win every game they play. The fans are intelligent and well meaning towards the other conference members. I can't speak for other X fans, but I found it very hard to pull for Dayton, not because of their players or coaches (seem like good guys, Archie is a great coach), but because of their insufferable fans. I can guarantee you on their message boards that they are most likely discussing how incredibly relevant they are in the college basketball landscape, how they are more than deserving of an invite to the Big East, or how they would possibly refuse an invite to stay the " big fish" in the A10. God forbid they come up in the discussions when and if expansion occurs, I beg of you to pass. They are big dumb animals that will consume this board like the plague locusts consumed Egypt during Biblical times.

Other then the above, they are fantastic!
Xavier
jaxalum

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEX » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Have to say UD played hard against the Sooners, but glad they're out so we don't have to hear all the BS. Well, except the usual bs about being screwed by the officials, selection cmte., and they that they were 'tired', poor babies. They essentially got 3 home games but could never figure that out. Archie's phone lit up in the waning seconds of the game. Cya.
BEX

Postby Gopher+RamFan » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:21 pm

jaxalum wrote: I can't speak for other X fans, but I found it very hard to pull for Dayton, not because of their players or coaches (seem like good guys, Archie is a great coach), but because of their insufferable fans. I can guarantee you on their message boards that they are most likely discussing how incredibly relevant they are in the college basketball landscape

I only have a couple years of experience with them, but I agree (at least their fans on the message boards)
Gopher+RamFan

Postby Xudash » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Gopher+RamFan wrote:
jaxalum wrote: I can't speak for other X fans, but I found it very hard to pull for Dayton, not because of their players or coaches (seem like good guys, Archie is a great coach), but because of their insufferable fans. I can guarantee you on their message boards that they are most likely discussing how incredibly relevant they are in the college basketball landscape

I only have a couple years of experience with them, but I agree (at least their fans on the message boards)

Holy crap! I actually checked out UDPRIDE tonight. In one thread they're ripping the Big East and in another thread they're puffing their chests about how easily they could compete in the Big East.

Now that's annoying.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:01 pm

jaxalum wrote:Understand fellow Big East brethren, Dayton fans are absolutely and certifiably insane nut jobs. X fans had to deal with their over the top nonsense for years. Whether they were posting charts and graphs as to how Dayton was passing X as a program or falling back on the successes of forty years ago, they whine, bitch, and moan incessantly. A psychologist would not know where to start in diagnosing the inferiority complex of that fan base. Their powers of rationalization and justification know no bounds, as reasoning with them is equivalent to reasoning with a red sweater wearing, obnoxious, irrationally stubborn, sloppy drunk brick wall. I've tried to understand the special kind of moronic weird that is the Dayton fan and I've reached this conclusion as to why they are the way they are. There is absolutely NOTHING else going for or going on in that place they call Dayton. The collective self confidence of the populace of that city tilts on the performance of the basketball team.

I can sincerely say that I am genuinely pulling for EVERY team in the Big East to win every game they play. The fans are intelligent and well meaning towards the other conference members. I can't speak for other X fans, but I found it very hard to pull for Dayton, not because of their players or coaches (seem like good guys, Archie is a great coach), but because of their insufferable fans. I can guarantee you on their message boards that they are most likely discussing how incredibly relevant they are in the college basketball landscape, how they are more than deserving of an invite to the Big East, or how they would possibly refuse an invite to stay the " big fish" in the A10. God forbid they come up in the discussions when and if expansion occurs, I beg of you to pass. They are big dumb animals that will consume this board like the plague locusts consumed Egypt during Biblical times.

Other then the above, they are fantastic!

This is the same thing for Creighton fans except substitute Dayton for Wichita State.
Jet915

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board