ESPN: X, Butler and Providence just Mediocre and Generic

The home for Big East hoops

Re: ESPN: X, Butler and Providence just Mediocre and Generic

Postby Xudash » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:06 am

BEwannabe wrote:
Xudash wrote:
dmac80 wrote:Gottlieb is still tweeting backhanded compliments at the big east and outright insults. Funny to read all the comments bagging on him and big 12. Saw a tweet from holy land at him too.

Get UD in foul trouble quickly tomorrow. I can't imagine how they're going to deal with your height and athleticism.

I'm actually expecting you to blow them out.

and right on queue dash with UD commentary, anything is possible, after all when we tip tonight it will be our 5th game in 8 days for a team that's basically 5 deep but somehow our guys get it done. I wouldn't bet the house on a blowout. If Providence turns the ball over then this will be a close game and the Flyers are a very good (play with great confidence) in 1 or 2 type possession games.

Maybe you're missing the fact that this is a Big East board and I'm making comments to a fellow Big East fan. I'm posting whatever I want to about this game on this Big East board. I'm no longer hanging out on the A10 board and I certainly don't post anything there. Do you honestly think you are calling me out as a UD fan posting on a Big East board? You're definitely out of place here.

A fellow Big East member, Providence, is playing UD in the Tournament. I'm going to enjoy watching UD get destroyed by Providence, which is what I anticipate happening, because of Henton, Dunn and the Friar's overall height and athleticism. This isn't UD going up against weak A10 competition, and I believe that will be reflected in the final score.

No one here gives a rats ass about what you think about a Xavier fan posting about a game a fellow Big East member has with an A10 opponent.

BTW, I suggest you change your handle. The odds of UD ever getting into the Big East are extremely low.
XAVIER
Xudash

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby anXUfan » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:16 am

Someone's a little heated...
anXUfan

Postby BEX » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:26 pm

....and Please don't use the usual "tired" excuse for Dayton. Who cares? These are 18-21 yr. old kids. They only played one stinking game. They stay up EVERY NIGHT past 2. They're in college . Duh. Only at Dayton do you here this. They always start making excuses before the game even starts. When they lost to murray state a couple of years ago, it was because they had to take a bus to the game, bad philly cheese steaks another time. Stop whining and play. And, of course if they lose, bad officiating.
BEX

Postby BEwannabe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:07 pm

No one at Dayton is whining about anyhting, it's been an incredible run these guys have been on but anyone that knows the first thing about basketball or who has played the game just on back to back nights would recognize UD schedule over the last 8 days has been a challenge. Where do you get 1 game? Tonight will be their 5th game in 8 days starting on Friday the 13th.
Last edited by BEwannabe on Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BEwannabe

Postby BEwannabe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:
BEwannabe wrote: If Providence turns the ball over then this will be a close game and the Flyers are a very good (play with great confidence) in 1 or 2 type possession games.

That works both ways. ;)

I'm expecting a close game with the edge to Providence.

my comments are based on scouting report from a Xavier informant aka scouting report, his report indicates the Friars have a tendency for games with turnovers and are weak in transition defense, those are both areas where UD shines especially transition offense. With 5 players we've been 1 player from disaster for 3 months but have somehow avoided the train wreck an injury would cause of game dq's. Tale of the tape is how well Kyle Davis can handle Dunn, it looks like a good match up, Kyle has been forced to guard bigger guards than Dunn, maybe not as talented as Dunn. Interesting matchup and then I'm not sure what we do with Henton but size wise he's a better matchup for us than Boise St. Friars 7'ers will be interesting as we've played against some bigs with success and then other nights like Boise, their bigs were wide as well and were always in good defensive position.
BEwannabe

Postby Xudash » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:16 pm

BEwannabe wrote:No one at Dayton is whining about anyhting, it's been an incredible run these guys have been on but anyone that knows the first thing about basketball or who has played the game just on back to back nights would recognize UD schedule over the last 8 days has been a challenge. Where do you get 1 game? Tonight will be there 5 game in 8 days starting on Friday the 13th.

I'll cut you some slack since you're actually playing a Big East team today, but nobody cares about how UD got to this game. Besides, if anyone around here cared about how UD got to today's game, they probably would focus on the fact that you are height challenged and have a short bench. They would take notice of the fact that Archie Miller recruited two thieves to the UD basketball program that were so egregious that they had to be dismissed from UD during this season.

Your wins have come from playing a very weak schedule.

Tonight you'll get a taste of Big East competition, which you'll gladly move forward from, knowing that you'll be able to fall back into A10 play next year and for years to come. Anyone who ever visited UDPride - and I can't imagine anything has changed - knows that UD takes whining to an art form.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby BEwannabe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:49 pm

Xudash wrote:
BEwannabe wrote:No one at Dayton is whining about anyhting, it's been an incredible run these guys have been on but anyone that knows the first thing about basketball or who has played the game just on back to back nights would recognize UD schedule over the last 8 days has been a challenge. Where do you get 1 game? Tonight will be there 5 game in 8 days starting on Friday the 13th.

I'll cut you some slack since you're actually playing a Big East team today, but nobody cares about how UD got to this game. Besides, if anyone around here cared about how UD got to today's game, they probably would focus on the fact that you are height challenged and have a short bench. They would take notice of the fact that Archie Miller recruited two thieves to the UD basketball program that were so egregious that they had to be dismissed from UD during this season.

Your wins have come from playing a very weak schedule.

Tonight you'll get a taste of Big East competition, which you'll gladly move forward from, knowing that you'll be able to fall back into A10 play next year and for years to come. Anyone who ever visited UDPride - and I can't imagine anything has changed - knows that UD takes whining to an art form.

You need to spend some quiet time with Father B at X. Great Jesuit, I think he could really help you, tell him your Irish UD friend made the recommendation.
BEwannabe

Postby BEwannabe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:54 pm

re: Dayton in Cbus tonight. I'm sure the Columbus economy will appreciate it. Ideal site for Flyer fans, not too far from our home market. Columbus & Cleveland have droves of UD alum as does Western PA and NY state and CMH is close in airport to Arena, 20 min from your gate to NW Arena with loads of SW nonstop flights. The Flyer Faithful will be there and liquored up, Nationwide Arena spills right into the Arena District in Cbus. Fabulous venue for NCAA action.
BEwannabe

Postby R Jay » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:57 pm

BEwannabe wrote:re: Dayton in Cbus tonight. I'm sure the Columbus economy will appreciate it. Ideal site for Flyer fans, not too far from our home market. Columbus & Cleveland have droves of UD alum as does Western PA and NY state and CMH is close in airport to Arena, 20 min from your gate to NW Arena with loads of SW nonstop flights. The Flyer Faithful will be there and liquored up, Nationwide Arena spills right into the Arena District in Cbus. Fabulous venue for NCAA action.

Who cares? Honestly?
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby BEwannabe » Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:02 pm

R Jay wrote:
BEwannabe wrote:re: Dayton in Cbus tonight. I'm sure the Columbus economy will appreciate it. Ideal site for Flyer fans, not too far from our home market. Columbus & Cleveland have droves of UD alum as does Western PA and NY state and CMH is close in airport to Arena, 20 min from your gate to NW Arena with loads of SW nonstop flights. The Flyer Faithful will be there and liquored up, Nationwide Arena spills right into the Arena District in Cbus. Fabulous venue for NCAA action.

Who cares? Honestly?

follow along RJ, somone mentioned UD fans would be there like locusts and I'm confirming but the crowd won't be so lopsided to make game altering noise like the Broncos had to endure at UD Arena.
BEwannabe

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board