ESPN: X, Butler and Providence just Mediocre and Generic

The home for Big East hoops

Postby NJRedman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:14 pm

So according to ESPN's Giant Killer special you guys aren't very good at anything and will be upset in the first round. Oh and GTown is gonna lose AGAIN in the first round. I know some wish we stayed with them, but I have the feeling that if we did, this wouldn't be much different.

F ESPN and F their talking heads who are gonna look like fools when we show them how good this league really is. Though they will act like they weren't wrong at all.
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ESPN: X, Butler and Providence just Mediocre and Generic

Postby DudeAnon » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:39 pm

This shit will continue until we shut them up. Here is to hoping well make the second weekend. Only St. Johns do I see as an impossibility (without Obekpa). The rest of us can do it.
Xavier

2018 Big East Champs
DudeAnon

Postby kmacker69 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:49 pm

Haters gonna hate! (Stuck in my head after "I Hate Christian Laettner" last night, but at least I could always admit that he was damn good!) They are hoping to be right, but always seem to hedge on their bets, except for a few that always pick against BU and always say that the opponent is too long and too athletic! LOL! I hope we all go on runs and shut the ESPN and CBS analists up! (I know I spelled it like that on purpose. ;) )

I also bought extra session tickets just to root for Nova in Pittsburgh. (Wish they were in the same session, but what's a few hundred extra buck when your already traveling from NC!)
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Postby whiteandblue77 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:40 pm

DudeAnon wrote:This shit will continue until we shut them up. Here is to hoping well make the second weekend. Only St. Johns do I see as an impossibility (without Obekpa). The rest of us can do it.

Won't end for at least 9 more years until they bid on our next tv contract, guaranteed.

ESPN loves to rewrite history with their own agenda, period, that'll never change, even if we win a National Championship they'll say it was a fluke or we're Cinderella or whatever.

I could care less because I really love FS1 and being a part of the new network!

Go Big East!!!!

GO NOVA, win the NC BAYBEEE!!!!
The Big East is Dead! Long Live the Big East!
whiteandblue77

Postby TBC Alum » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:57 pm

I found this fan comment typical:
politicallyincorrect - Mar 16, 2015 at 10:02 AM

IMO…

Villanova is a horrendously unjust choice for 1 seed……
bad league, bad tourney history in recent years, best win is VCU………… this is a midmajor w/o any major wins, and unlike Gonzaga they have shown to not be competitive with top teams in the actual tourney

If in the ACC Villanova would battle NCState for 6th place….. and I would favor NCState….. and hey, this may well be proved in the rd of 32

at least they did put the rightful 1 seed Virginia in this bracket but this is an asinine choice for 1 seed

the entire BE is a national charity case and joke………….. how is GTown seeded.. or Xavier? GTown, in particular is a complete disgrace……….

this crap needs to stop

Let's play our game and win a few to get them to STFU.
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Postby R Jay » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:00 pm

TBC Alum wrote:I found this fan comment typical:

IMO…

bad league, bad tourney history in recent years, best win is VCU………… this is a midmajor w/o any major wins, and unlike Gonzaga they have shown to not be competitive with top teams in the actual tourney

If in the ACC Villanova would battle NCState for 6th place….. and I would favor NCState….. and hey, this may well be proved in the rd of 32

at least they did put the rightful 1 seed Virginia in this bracket but this is an asinine choice for 1 seed

the entire BE is a national charity case and joke………….. how is GTown seeded.. or Xavier? GTown, in particular is a complete disgrace……….

this crap needs to stop

Wow. That's so delusional. I bet this guy hasn't even watched a Big East game this year.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby SJU1987 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:03 pm

You never know with Butler. They came out of no where and played 2 national championships. I never heard about them before those championships. They have a winning culture like UCONN has.
SJU1987

Postby PMThor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:36 pm

When your conference is ranked #2 out of all conferences, and a certain channel just recently lost said conference TV contact, you have to realize that they will, without a doubt, try to undercut the conference. I don't worry about ESPN, they are the old man on the porch bitching at the kids playing in the street network. If they don't get their way, they try to make others look bad. Just wait, when the TV contract comes up for bidding, they will put up a HUGE amount to get the Big East back. Of this I have no doubt.
Always remember that you are unique; just like everyone else
PMThor

Postby jfan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:17 pm

IMO…

this crap needs to stop

I don't know where you found the quote, but someone should point out to this moron that the BE was 7-2 against his beloved ACC and 7-5 against the B10. The facts would probably be too hard for him to grasp!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby SJU1987 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:31 pm

jfan wrote:

IMO…

this crap needs to stop

I don't know where you found the quote, but someone should point out to this moron that the BE was 7-2 against his beloved ACC and 7-5 against the B10. The facts would probably be too hard for him to grasp!

Probably some 19 year old busy with his studies and knew nothing about college basketball before he enrolled.
They poached many of the elite teams from the Big East and they had the same number of bids the Big East had ? shows how pathetic the ACC was before the Big East split. Their fans called the Big East the Big Least when the Big East was king 5 years ago. Very delusional fan base !
SJU1987

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board