Should we get rid of the First Four?

The home for Big East hoops

Should we get rid of the First Four?

Yes
59%
No
41%

Total votes : 22

Re: Should we get rid of the First Four?

Postby TBC Alum » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:14 pm

stever20 wrote: Boise looks really good.

The wife and I must have been watching a different game.
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:18 pm

TBC Alum wrote:
stever20 wrote: Boise looks really good.

The wife and I must have been watching a different game.

When I said that they were up on a 19-7 run to take a 29-17 lead. Little did I know Boise had scored over half their points for the entire game at that point- they were outscored 39-26 the rest of the way.

Think PC should match up really well with Dayton quite frankly.
stever20

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:35 am

Boise got screwed. Dayton blatantly fouled a 3pt shooter on the last play of the game. Complete joke that there was no call. Complete screw job.
hoyahooligan

Postby Dew » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:10 am

Omaha1 wrote:The first 4 is fine, but you can't have a team play on it's home court. Rotate the site or something but never allow that to happen again because the better team lost due to a bad decision by the NCAA.

The prevailing storyline nationally is that Boise State got hosed. Everyone seems to agree on that. There is probably some thought of simply putting these games at the site where they will play their next game. Makes a lot of sense.
Dew

Postby stever20 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:26 am

I think they think Boise got hosed- but the final call isn't indicative of that......

Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello · 9h 9 hours ago
I've said before I don't think Dayton should have had a home game - but I don't think that last play is a foul anywhere the game was played.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:32 am

damn, this was funny- before the final play...
McMurphyESPN Brett McMurphy
Whatever you do Dayton, guard against the Statue of Liberty
then after...
@jefflongUA they should have run it. would have had a better chance of success than that last play
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:37 am

hoyahooligan wrote:Boise got screwed. Dayton blatantly fouled a 3pt shooter on the last play of the game. Complete joke that there was no call. Complete screw job.

Get out of here with that chit. Kid was on the ground and the shooter jumped into him. Good no call.
NJRedman

Postby NJRedman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:38 am

Dew wrote:
Omaha1 wrote:The first 4 is fine, but you can't have a team play on it's home court. Rotate the site or something but never allow that to happen again because the better team lost due to a bad decision by the NCAA.

The prevailing storyline nationally is that Boise State got hosed. Everyone seems to agree on that. There is probably some thought of simply putting these games at the site where they will play their next game. Makes a lot of sense.

Who is going to show up to watch them? They wont get crowds like that at any NBA arena.
NJRedman

Postby NJRedman » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:39 am

How do people NOT like free basketball? I saw the end of the two late games the last two nights and they were exciting as hell. Who wants that gone? Get over it guys, they aren't dropping conferences out of D1 (It's not just about BBall but all sports), they aren't going to make it all 16 seeds playing (who will watch that?) and even if they rotate it there is the chance that the host team will be in the first four. It's NOT that big of a deal.

If you think that the 16 seeds deserve to be in it but the last 4 in don't then i think you're being just as bad as the FB5 we all bitch and moan about. If Boise or BYU or Ole Miss didn't want to be in the first four they should have won more games, scheduled a tougher SOS and helped their RPI by avoiding bad losses.

One more thing, the idea that these first four have an easier road to the sweet 16 by playing an extra game is ridiculous. After the round of 64 the team they meet two days later has also played a game and unlike the first four team they aren't as run down since they only played one game. The day of extra rest doesn't effect conference tournaments then why would it effect the NCAA tournament.
NJRedman

Postby hoyahooligan » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:43 am

NJRedman wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:Boise got screwed. Dayton blatantly fouled a 3pt shooter on the last play of the game. Complete joke that there was no call. Complete screw job.

Get out of here with that chit. Kid was on the ground and the shooter jumped into him. Good no call.

1) I hate that being called a foul as a rule. I hope it never gets called again

2) But I think that routinely gets called a foul and thus should've been called last night only for that fact.
hoyahooligan

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board