AAC totally dissed by selection Committee. Big Time!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: AAC totally dissed by selection Committee. Big Time!

Postby ivet » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:48 pm

In all honesty, I am enjoying reading the ACC board (over on CSNbbs) right now. Uconn fans have become numb at the thought of being stuck in the ACC, Cinnci fans are now getting very vocal about their...dis-pleasure of the conference and the other members are on full attack mode against them. They are now wanting to pad up their BBall by adding BBall schools and some have called for the "Hybrid model" again. Maybe Football drives the bus but unfortunately for them, they drive the short bus.

Schadenfreude
ivet

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:04 pm

ivet wrote:In all honesty, I am enjoying reading the ACC board (over on CSNbbs) right now. Uconn fans have become numb at the thought of being stuck in the ACC, Cinnci fans are now getting very vocal about their...dis-pleasure of the conference and the other members are on full attack mode against them. They are now wanting to pad up their BBall by adding BBall schools and some have called for the "Hybrid model" again. Maybe Football drives the bus but unfortunately for them, they drive the short bus.

Schadenfreude

Yeah, I was looking at the AAc board over there last night and it's full on meltdown mode. It's great.

The ACC board is good too, the arguments about how terrible Greensboro is is amazing. The old school NC 4 fans are not happy about the "Yankees" bitching about Greensboro and that they don't understand why they are complaining. They can go to all the games and sleep in their own beds at night. They actually think that the Greensboro Coliseum is a better and more historically important basketball venue than MSG. hahahaha

The old BE traitors are realizing the grass isn't always greener. haha
NJRedman

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:23 pm

"Nobody cares about little catholic schools nobody has heard of that don't even play football."

I love reading their boards from time to time as well. Always good for a good laugh. What do you do when your conference (and your teams) are revealed to be nothing more than a mid-major (a low one at that), and that, despite strong promises, high expectations and big talk, the American is nothing more than a reconfigured Conference USA with UConn thrown into it? You point fingers at people to blame. Blame conference mates for having poor SOS and RPI. Blame ESPN for not giving you enough money. Blame the commissioner for not doing enough. Blame the Big East for making more money, getting more tournament bids, receiving more national recognition and a securing a brighter future.

I sincerely hope that UConn and Cincinnati get a lift raft off that sinking ship. Their athletic programs are not mid-major, despite being in a mid-major conference. I'm not sure if moving football to the MAC (or Conference USA) is the solution, but staying in the American can only hurt their chances of getting a P5 invite. Associate yourself with Tulane, Tulsa, East Carolina, SMU, Houston, UCF and USF long enough, you will be aligned with them for the long hall.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby mel ott » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:23 pm

Schadenfreude
Image[/quote]

Yeah, I was looking at the AAc board over there last night and it's full on meltdown mode. It's great.

The ACC board is good too, the arguments about how terrible Greensboro is is amazing. The old school NC 4 fans are not happy about the "Yankees" bitching about Greensboro and that they don't understand why they are complaining. They can go to all the games and sleep in their own beds at night. They actually think that the Greensboro Coliseum is a better and more historically important basketball venue than MSG. hahahaha

The old BE traitors are realizing the grass isn't always greener. haha[/quote]

I don't know if I copied the quotes correctly, but I was in Greensboro for the NCAA's two years ago. We stayed at the airport hotel, out in nowhere. That is where Coach K liked to stay with Duke because nothing took their focus off of bball. This was the hotel that had Xavier and CU(we were in the MVC at the time)l. There was nothing going on there (except 90% of the CU people at the bar) and no one to take you anyplace else ( which is a 30 min drive away). It was a great place to be the home team, win two games and go to the sweet 16 (if you are Duke-I would like if I was Coach K or any other coach). The arenl was big... and that was about it. 10% of the value of MSG. We are so glad to be in the BE!
mel ott

Postby Bearcat_Bounce » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:02 pm

Cincinnati had the best profile in the AAC. If we didn't lose to ECU and Tulane we would have been the highest seeded team in the conference. The same Cincinnati that lost 4 starters including a first team All-American and Conference DPOY. Not to mention losing our head coach in the middle of the season. That tells you all you need to know about the AAC this year.

SMU had 5 top 50 wins but they were over Temple and Tulsa...neither teams in the field. They also lost to Gonzaga, Arkansas, Indiana and Cincinnati x2 meaning they didn't beat ONE SINGLE at large team (they did beat Wyoming and Eastern Washington though). Honestly they were fortunate to get a 6 seed...IMO!
Bearcat_Bounce

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:35 pm

It's tough reading that AAC board because they are openly discussing bailing on their struggling conference mates. They have put together some hybrid scenarios which generally have a good framework, but they are completely dumping Tulane, East Carolina, Houston and UCF. Then they'll ask VCU and Dayton to leave the A-10 to join them in a hybrid. Why would VCU or Dayton do this, since in about 5 minutes they'll be dumped depending on their crackhead football whims.
Providence
billyjack

Postby billyjack » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:38 pm

Bearcat_Bounce wrote:Cincinnati had the best profile in the AAC. If we didn't lose to ECU and Tulane we would have been the highest seeded team in the conference. The same Cincinnati that lost 4 starters including a first team All-American and Conference DPOY. Not to mention losing our head coach in the middle of the season. That tells you all you need to know about the AAC this year.

SMU had 5 top 50 wins but they were over Temple and Tulsa...neither teams in the field. They also lost to Gonzaga, Arkansas, Indiana and Cincinnati x2 meaning they didn't beat ONE SINGLE at large team (they did beat Wyoming and Eastern Washington though). Honestly they were fortunate to get a 6 seed...IMO!

Cincinnati really had a great year considering how tough it was losing Cronin.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:46 pm

think for SMU the criteria that they said about UCLA looking good against good teams.
Gonzaga lost by 16- think they did get beat pretty good here.
Indiana lost by 6
Arkansas lost by 6

even the Gonzaga one not too bad at Gonzaga.

SMU showed what Temple, Tulsa, and all the others that didn't make the NCAA this year should do. Use the NIT to prepare for next year.
stever20

Postby Bill Marsh » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:27 pm

AAC champion SMU answers the disrespect shown to the conference by losing In the first round to a team that didn't even belong in the tournament. :lol:
Last edited by Bill Marsh on Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Marsh

Postby XtoDC » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:AAC champion SMU answers the disrespect show to the conference by losing In the first round to a team that didn't even belong in the tournament. :lol:

After the Iowa State lost I was starting to feel so smart about having SMU in the Elite Eight. Then they choked it away against UCLA. I was counting on Larry Brown's coaching ability outweighing the stink from this season's AAC that SMU got all over itself.
XtoDC

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board