AAC totally dissed by selection Committee. Big Time!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: AAC totally dissed by selection Committee. Big Time!

Postby Jet915 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:46 pm

Is stever gonna comment about what happened to his beloved conference?
Jet915

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheBall » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:54 pm

Stever loves the conference of Americans and espn news more than Romeo loved Juliette.
TheBall

Postby pki1998 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:47 am

Jet915 wrote:Is stever gonna comment about what happened to his beloved conference?

It's likely we won't see any post from stever until the Big East loses a few games. Nothing for a troll to say right now
Xavier
pki1998

Postby pki1998 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:50 am

Hey the AAC got some respect, they got three teams in the NIT (ha ha ha ha)
Xavier
pki1998

Postby Edrick » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:39 am

Cincinnati isn't beating Purdue, so I suppose they won't have to deal with the UK margin embarrassment.

And anyway this isn't a suprise, I literally said the AAC would get two in a thread somewhere below two days ago.

Something about Temple's bid being uber tenuous.
Edrick

Postby Bill Marsh » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:29 am

Bluejay wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote: This is the Rodney Dangerfield of basketball conferences this year.

Not just this year....if memory serves me, they got the same treatment last year too.

Good point. There was the SMU snub last year.

Considering that Louisville got one of the bids last year during their temporary membership, we now see this league for what it is - a 2 bid conference with 3 in good times. :lol:
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:39 am

Bill Marsh wrote:
Bluejay wrote:
Bill Marsh wrote: This is the Rodney Dangerfield of basketball conferences this year.

Not just this year....if memory serves me, they got the same treatment last year too.

Good point. There was the SMU snub last year.

Considering that Louisville got one of the bids last year during their temporary membership, we now see this league for what it is - a 2 bid conference with 3 in good times. :lol:

The fact is this year the AAC was not that good. Look at the OOC(just like I say with the Big East last year)
SMU 3 losses
Tulsa 5 losses
Temple 4 losses
Cincy 4 losses
UConn 5 losses
Memphis 5 losses

If Tulsa, Temple, UConn, and Memphis have 3 losses instead of 4-5- it's a lot different story. UConn was 2 buzzer beaters from being in. Temple had the transfers coming in mid season- if they're there the entire year, they're in the tourney. The conference has some good coaches- Brown, Haith, Dunphy, Cronin, Ollie(note, not saying Pastner, he's a joke). For Tulsa, Temple in particular- maybe they take this NIT deal and have a good run, and use it as a springboard for this year similar to what SMU has done(for the record, imagine if SMU had Mundlay this year- they would be a threat to win it all). I thought the committee would give Temple a bit more respect- it didn't happen(they were in if Wyoming hadn't stolen a bid).
stever20

Postby SJU1987 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:02 am

TheBall wrote:I guess that flurry of espn news games were not as helpful as others thought.

Atlantic 10 is better than the conference of americans. I can't understand the americans conference trolls who argue otherwise. The mwc and wcc are just as good.

The conference of americans was not snubbed. They got the number they deserved. It is a horrible conference with one of the worst media deals in the nation and a bunch of directional commuter schools who are spending all their money on horrible football while neglecting basketball. Why should they get more than 2 bids???

Anyway, several uconn fans have already texted me begging to come back home to the big east. I told them it wasn't my choice, but I hope we leave a light on and I don't blame them for hating their athletic department for putting them in that hot mess.

Fox sports rules!!

I read some comments on UCONN's forum , they really hate the AAC. They were throwing t shirts into the crowd and several fans said they'd burn the shirt when they got home. Expect U conn and Syracuse to take a major tumble the next few years. Who in their right mind would play for those programs now ?
SJU1987

Postby SJU1987 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:06 am

I feel bad for Temple. They aren't going anywhere. They won't get into the Big East because of Villanova and nobody wants them in football. Stuck in the AAC forever.
SJU1987

Postby JOPO » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:26 pm

SJU1987 wrote:
TheBall wrote:I guess that flurry of espn news games were not as helpful as others thought.

Atlantic 10 is better than the conference of americans. I can't understand the americans conference trolls who argue otherwise. The mwc and wcc are just as good.

The conference of americans was not snubbed. They got the number they deserved. It is a horrible conference with one of the worst media deals in the nation and a bunch of directional commuter schools who are spending all their money on horrible football while neglecting basketball. Why should they get more than 2 bids???

Anyway, several uconn fans have already texted me begging to come back home to the big east. I told them it wasn't my choice, but I hope we leave a light on and I don't blame them for hating their athletic department for putting them in that hot mess.

Fox sports rules!!

I read some comments on UCONN's forum , they really hate the AAC. They were throwing t shirts into the crowd and several fans said they'd burn the shirt when they got home. Expect U conn and Syracuse to take a major tumble the next few years. Who in their right mind would play for those programs now ?

I'd be pissed too if my school basically joined the second coming of Conference USA! They were in a high major conference and then got relegated to being a mid-major with schools they have little in common with other than they all want to think they are relevant in football.
As always, this is Just One Pirate's Opinion!
JOPO

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board