AAC totally dissed by selection Committee. Big Time!

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:28 pm

Even I thought that the AAC would get 3 teams. Most seemed to think that either Temple or Tulsa would get in. Some thought both. The committee decided to take neither. Wow!

Then to add insult to injury, they dropped SMU from what should have been a 4 seed - maybe even a 3 - based in their #13 RPI rank and dropped them to a 6 seed. That after SMU won both the regular season and the conference tournament championships. Talk about getting no respect. This is the Rodney Dangerfield of basketball conferences this year.
Last edited by Bill Marsh on Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Marsh

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: AAC totally dissed by selection Committee. Big Time!

Postby Xudash » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:32 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:Even I thought that the AAC would get 3 teams. Most seemed to think that either Temple or Tulsa would get in. Some thought both. The committee decided to take neither. Wow!

Then to add insult to injury, they dropped SMU from what should have been a 4 seed - maybe even a 3 - based in their #13 RPI rank and dropped them to a 6 seed. That after SMU won both the regular season and the conference tournament champions. Talk about getting no respect. This is the Rodney Dangerfield of basketball conferences this year.

May this sentence contain the last reference to TULSA during 2015. The AAC got what it deserved. Wait until UC gets a taste of playing Kentucky. Damn.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MUPanther » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:48 pm

Maybe, but do we care on a Big East message board. :arrow:
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:50 pm

Normally, I wouldn't care or think twice about the AAC supposedly getting "dissed" by the selection committee. However, considering the constant jealous ex-girlfriend attacks and smack talk from numerous AAC schools regarding the Big East (and the schools), all I have to say is :lol: .

"The AAC is a power conference. We have the markets, the strong athletic programs and ESPN. All it takes is time for our programs to be built up to national relevance. The Little East, or the Little Sisters of the Poor Conference, will never have the exposure or prestige that we have. Yadda, yadda, yadda."

Tonight, the tin-foil hats are in full force for AAC fans. I hate to be the one to break it, but the AAC will not ever shake the perception that they are Conference USA 2.0. A majority of the schools are from Conference USA. The league's name (American Athletic Conference) is a literal update to Conference USA. It even uses the same base colors and imagery. It will never be considered a power conference, just a best of the rest conference that power conferences poach from.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby TheBall » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:16 pm

I guess that flurry of espn news games were not as helpful as others thought.

Atlantic 10 is better than the conference of americans. I can't understand the americans conference trolls who argue otherwise. The mwc and wcc are just as good.

The conference of americans was not snubbed. They got the number they deserved. It is a horrible conference with one of the worst media deals in the nation and a bunch of directional commuter schools who are spending all their money on horrible football while neglecting basketball. Why should they get more than 2 bids???

Anyway, several uconn fans have already texted me begging to come back home to the big east. I told them it wasn't my choice, but I hope we leave a light on and I don't blame them for hating their athletic department for putting them in that hot mess.

Fox sports rules!!
TheBall

Postby TheBall » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:18 pm

MUPanther wrote:Maybe, but do we care on a Big East message board. :arrow:

Considering this board is littered with conference of americans trolls (some overt, some hiding in sheep's clothing),i out how terrible that hot mess is.

But hey, they get espn news games!!! Rejoice!!
TheBall

Postby gosports1 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:22 pm

talk about no respect. The BE isnt getting any on ESPN bracketology show.
They have Xavier, Georgetown and Butler all losing in their first game
So far they have Villanova in sweet 16 and PC in round of 32.
Havent seen SJU yet
gosports1

Postby Bluejay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:39 pm

Bill Marsh wrote: This is the Rodney Dangerfield of basketball conferences this year.

Not just this year....if memory serves me, they got the same treatment last year too.
Bluejay

Postby TBC Alum » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:40 pm

There has been a ton of bulletin board material from the talking heads. Let them talk. Their tourney picks don't work any better than person filling out a bracket. (I've given them brackets before when I've run a tournament. They suck frankly.)

I'm rooting big time for all 6 schools to go out and do some real big damage. The year has been great so far. Let's finish this effer
CU clap clap CU
TBC Alum

Postby PMThor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:59 pm

Gottlieb actually, honest to God, had Xavier on the bubble and he admitted it on camera. It just speaks to how some talking heads don't respect the Big East. ESPN is hating the fact that the Big East is being respected so well by the committee, but they have to acknowledge the level of the conference as a whole. The AAC is the 8th ranked conference, and that is what happens to conferences like that.
Always remember that you are unique; just like everyone else
PMThor

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board