Hey Xavier fans....

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Hey Xavier fans....

Postby SJU1987 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:17 am

It's a shame you didn't get into the Big East earlier. Imagine if we chose Xavier instead of DePaul ? No offense to DePaul, you have a lot of potential. Maybe a new coach and stadium will do wonders for your program.
SJU1987

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:22 am

SJU1987 wrote:It's a shame you didn't get into the Big East earlier. Imagine if we chose Xavier instead of DePaul ? No offense to DePaul, you have a lot of potential. Maybe a new coach and stadium will do wonders for your program.

Just think if we had taken Xavier/Memphis instead of Cincy/DePaul.
stever20

Postby TheBall » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:28 pm

Beat Georgia State!!
TheBall

Postby billyjack » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Navy with David Robinson beat Syracuse in the Carrier Dome in 1986.
SU had beaten Brown 2 nights earlier by 51 points, also in the Carrier Dome.

Like someone mentioned, Villanova beat Dayton at Dayton in 85. One of the greatest coaching jobs ever, masterful by Rollie Massimino.

And congrats to Xavier on a fantastic win!!!
Providence
billyjack

Postby PMThor » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:47 pm

All I know is the Big East is 2-0 (Nova laying I down too, so probably 3-0) and the Big12 is 0-3. Now, who is overrated again? LETS GO BIG EAST.
Always remember that you are unique; just like everyone else
PMThor

Postby Steve Lavin » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:51 pm

If you would have told me we'd get 6 teams in the tourney, finish the season with 3 teams in top 25 and 5 (I think) ranked at some point mid season plus going 3-0 (Nova will beat Lafayette), I would have thought you were nuts. We said before the season we'd have to force them to talk about us as being a great conference…and so far we are. Xavier should be in Sweet 16 and I think Nova can def make it as well. Anything else is gravy.
Steve Lavin

Postby micgoG'town » Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:58 pm

I love the conference set-up as well, just wish Xavier would be nicer to my Hoyas.
micgoG'town

Postby pki1998 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:27 am

micgoG'town wrote:I love the conference set-up as well, just wish Xavier would be nicer to my Hoyas.

And I wish Nova was nicer to my Muskies!
Xavier
pki1998

Postby mel ott » Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:34 am

Steve Lavin wrote:If you would have told me we'd get 6 teams in the tourney, finish the season with 3 teams in top 25 and 5 (I think) ranked at some point mid season plus going 3-0 (Nova will beat Lafayette), I would have thought you were nuts. We said before the season we'd have to force them to talk about us as being a great conference…and so far we are. Xavier should be in Sweet 16 and I think Nova can def make it as well. Anything else is gravy.

Also, cool that 8 teams were ranked at one point- which includes the 6 in tournie and CU after the Okla win and Seton Hall early. It is amazing listening to CBS and ESPN coverage you wouldn't know the BE was in the tournie, let alone 4-0!
mel ott

Postby Blob » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:50 am

mel ott wrote:
Steve Lavin wrote:If you would have told me we'd get 6 teams in the tourney, finish the season with 3 teams in top 25 and 5 (I think) ranked at some point mid season plus going 3-0 (Nova will beat Lafayette), I would have thought you were nuts. We said before the season we'd have to force them to talk about us as being a great conference…and so far we are. Xavier should be in Sweet 16 and I think Nova can def make it as well. Anything else is gravy.

Also, cool that 8 teams were ranked at one point- which includes the 6 in tournie and CU after the Okla win and Seton Hall early. It is amazing listening to CBS and ESPN coverage you wouldn't know the BE was in the tournie, let alone 4-0!

Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think Xavier has been ranked at any point this season.

Still, 70% of the conference being ranked at some point in the year is really impressive. And maybe X can make it 80% and finish in the final top 25 of the season...
Blob

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board