Hey Xavier fans....

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Hey Xavier fans....

Postby BEX » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:04 pm

We usually wait until after the Dance to get ranked. How Sweet it is!!!
BEX

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wildabeast » Sun Mar 22, 2015 3:33 am

Go Xavier!!!!

Beat Arizona!!!
Wildabeast

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:40 am

Test.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby muskienick » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:57 am

Unless the Muskies defeat Arizona, they won't get a top 25 ranking. People will claim that they got a "free ride" to the Sweet Sixteen due to Georgia State's win over Baylor.

I am not overly confident (an obvious understatement) in XU's likelihood of winning this coming Thursday. But we've been able to take the rough road to the Elite Eight in the past and, if Jalen, Myles, Dee, Trevon, Remy, and Matt can play in top form and JP and James can provide effective depth against Sean Miller's team, then the Muskies can beat just about anyone.

In the meantime, I'll set my DVR to record the game while I wait impatiently to learn the result. It's strange but I'm OK when I go to the Cintas Center to view the games but I simply can't watch them live on TV --- too nerve-wracking.
muskienick

Postby micgoG'town » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:34 am

If memory serves me right, all Sweet 16 teams are ranked in the post season polls. It's the law or something. UCLA will be ranked, Xavier will be ranked. G'town will drop out, Butler might still be there though.
micgoG'town

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 1:47 pm

micgoG'town wrote:If memory serves me right, all Sweet 16 teams are ranked in the post season polls. It's the law or something. UCLA will be ranked, Xavier will be ranked. G'town will drop out, Butler might still be there though.

no, that isn't a rule at all. Generally happens though.
stever20

Postby X Factor » Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:58 pm

I actually think Xavier has a better shot at beating Arizona than we ever had against Villanova.

Yes, Arizona is a great team, but no one on their team plays out of position. Stainbrook won't be chasing a 6'7 guy around the perimeter. None of our bigs will. They have a good point guard, but he's not a really big guard.

Sore subject, but Xavier had OSU in '07 on the ropes and that team had Greg Oden, Daequan Cook, Mike Conley, etc. It took a 24 foot three at the buzzer (why Miller didn't foul I'll never know) to send it to OT.

Arizona can be beat. It will be very, very tough though.
X Factor

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board