lots of Big East star power next year...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: lots of Big East star power next year...

Postby TheBall » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:01 pm

It ian oing to be tough for nova to match this year's record, but with brunson coming in and hart replacing jVP in the starting lineup, they should be able to maintain a high level of play

Seton hall is the real wild card in my opinion. Will be very disappointed if they don't dance

I think depaul should be hovering around the bubble as well

Providence will take a step bac, but should be temporary
St. John's is a huge questin mark.
TheBall

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEhomer » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:04 pm

RedStormHoops wrote:St John's is not going to be good next year but their back court of sheed Jordan and Brandon Sampson will be fun to watch for sure

looks like obekpa might be done playing for the johnnies. sheed can also bolt for overseas. if they lose both, they need bodies just to fill out the roster. get lovell and diallo and it's a different story.
BEhomer

Postby TheBall » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:24 pm

Amase2 wrote:
BEhomer wrote:i also think nova can be better. my only concern with them has been a lack of nba talent. brunson should fix that next year and he looks like a real deal. they will have plenty of guys at the wing so loss of hilliard can be mitigated.

big question mark will be the front court. if reynolds and freshman center can provide rebounding and defense next to ochefu, nova has no weakness.

I think the Reynolds kid is going to be a beast. Every time I see him get minutes at end of games he is grabbing boards and finishing.

Reynolds for nova will still be a bit player. Next yr, with some potential to contribute off the bench. He really isn't physical enough to be manning the paint, and he doesn't have guard attributes. He may have potential as a senior, but I think next yr he will see similar minutes as booth saw this yr. Bridges red shirted this yr too anticipating that he will contribute as a 23 yr old instead of 19 yr old.
TheBall

Postby gofriars08 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:08 pm

TheBall wrote:It ian oing to be tough for nova to match this year's record, but with brunson coming in and hart replacing jVP in the starting lineup, they should be able to maintain a high level of play

Seton hall is the real wild card in my opinion. Will be very disappointed if they don't dance

I think depaul should be hovering around the bubble as well

Providence will take a step bac, but should be temporary
St. John's is a huge questin mark.

Everyone thought PC would take a step back this year too. Probably won't be quite as good next year without Dunn but if he comes back I'd expect them to be at least as good as this current team.
gofriars08

Postby BEX » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:57 pm

X will have all their long range shooters back, and better. (not including Dee as a shooter) Bluiett, Abell, M. Davis, Macura. London RS (6'10) should get a lot of post time with Jalen Reynolds and O'Mara. Big question mark will PG. Sumner RS is 6'5" and said to be a great athlete. He definitely has what it takes, but we'll have to see how his health is. Larry Austin will have to pick up the BE game quickly in OOC. Newcomer F Gates is a 4 star out of Ga. He will play also. Lots of depth but some inexperience at a key position. We will fly around the court for sure.
BEX

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:17 am

Don't forget that DSR will be back for his senior year.

We also have another great recruiting class coming in.
hoyahooligan

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board