Selection Sunday

Postby milksteak » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:50 am

My picks for seeding today:

1-Villanova (East)
5-Georgetown
6-Butler, Providence
7-Xavier
8-SJU
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Selection Sunday

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Selection Sunday

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:39 am

1 - Villanova (East)
6 - Providence
6/7 - Georgetown
8 - Butler
8 - Xavier
10 - St. John's
Bill Marsh

Postby Bluejay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:00 am

If you do not mind playing a bit away from home, tournament bound Big East teams should hope to be sent to Omaha. I read that over 85% of the seats offered for sale are in the hands of Creighton season ticketholders who would be passionate supporters of their new conference mates. Here's your chance to use our fanbase to support you instead of rooting against you. :D
Last edited by Bluejay on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bluejay

Postby PorthosPA » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:22 am

Bluejay wrote:If you do not mind playing a bit away from home, tournament bound Big East teams should hope to be sent to Omaha. I read that over 85% of the seats offered for sale are in the hands of Creighton season ticketholders who be passionate supporters of their new conference mates. Here's your chance to use our fanbase to support you instead of rooting against you. :D

Looks like 2 of Arizona, Kansas, and Wisconsin will be the higher seeds in Omaha. That means if you're there, then you're in the 7/10 or 8/9 game. Depending on seeding, Creighton fans have a shot to see any of the 5 at large teams (maybe 2), but most likely St. John's, Xavier, or Butler.
PorthosPA

Postby Bill Marsh » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:41 am

It should be really interesting to see what the committee does with Kansas, which has the #3 RPI and the #1 SOS but also has 8 losses, including the championship game in the Big XII tournament.
Bill Marsh

Postby R Jay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:46 am

Bill Marsh wrote:It should be really interesting to see what the committee does with Kansas, which has the #3 RPI and the #1 SOS but also has 8 losses, including the championship game in the Big XII tournament.

I'd guess that they're a 2. I thought that they still had an outside chance at the 1 seed had they beaten Iowa State yesterday, as winning both the Big 12 Regular Season and Tournament is impressive, even if they lost 7 games. Obviously they don't now.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby NJRedman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:53 am

I love how ESPN was saying Nova might lose it's spot as a 1 seed to Wisconsin or Arizona then Virginia and Duke BOTH lose before the ACC finals. haha I hope Wisconsin steals one of their 1 seeds.

Also did anyone notice that ND never even made a BET final and in it's second season win the whole ACC tourny? hahahaha
NJRedman

Postby R Jay » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:10 am

NJRedman wrote:I love how ESPN was saying Nova might lose it's spot as a 1 seed to Wisconsin or Arizona then Virginia and Duke BOTH lose before the ACC finals. haha I hope Wisconsin steals one of their 1 seeds.

Also did anyone notice that ND never even made a BET final and in it's second season win the whole ACC tourny? hahahaha

There's no way that both Virginia and Duke will be 1 seeds. I think it's quite likely that both are 2 seeds. UK and Nova are locks for 1 seeds. Arizona should be a 1 seed with a 16-0 record against the RPI Top 100 and winning both the PAC-12 Regular Season and Tournament titles. Wisconsin should be a 1 seed, too, if they win the Big Ten Tournament title.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:53 pm

just heard Dickie V say that Nova is the team that no one is talking about but could be a major factor.
stever20

Postby mcnaug167 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:19 pm

Bluejay wrote:If you do not mind playing a bit away from home, tournament bound Big East teams should hope to be sent to Omaha. I read that over 85% of the seats offered for sale are in the hands of Creighton season ticketholders who be passionate supporters of their new conference mates. Here's your chance to use our fanbase to support you instead of rooting against you. :D

+1. Love the Creighton support.
mcnaug167

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board