Selection Sunday

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Selection Sunday

Postby XUFan09 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:41 pm

stever20 wrote:looking a bit more-
Lunardi last 2 years is tied for 6th best. Last 3 years tied for 12th. He's a good 8 spots higher than Patrick Stevens last 2 years(6 to 14) and even more last 3 years. 12th to 25th.

Palm is tied for 69th last 3 years and 70th last 2 years.

so ignoring Lunardi because you don't think he's accurate isn't all that smart.

I really have to hand it to Lunardi. After a weak few years, he's really been locked in in more recent years. His ranking reads like a reverse bell curve: One of the better bracketologists in the early years, below average in the middle years, and then one of the better bracketologists in more recent years.

I also have to give him props for emphatically declaring Xavier in the tournament even before they beat Creighton. Based on their seeding (22 spots above the last team in) after beating Creighton, Butler, and Georgetown and then getting eviscerated by Villanova, it looks like he was right.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Adollably » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:42 pm

Hey all, my wife and I are St. John's fans. We thought it would be fun to have our dog, aspen, pick the ncaa tournament winner. Needless to say, her pick is very interesting. Check it out at www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZlwSOZVwNs !!! Good luck to all.
Adollably

Postby stever20 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:43 pm

It's funny, folks on here talk about how overrated the AAC is, but man the MWC might even be more overrated. Boise just lost, Colorado St, the team everyone said should be in is losing to South Dakota St in the NIT. The entire conference could be out by Friday night.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board