2015 BE Tourney - Championship VU-XU

The home for Big East hoops

Postby R Jay » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:15 pm

X fans, is this the Remy Abell you expected at the beginning of the year?
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: 2015 BE Tourney - Championship VU-XU

Postby GoldenWarrior11 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:27 pm

I got shivers down my spine watching the opening segment and starting lineup introductions for both teams. FS1 has hit a grand slam, IMO, producing this week's BE tournament. If any casual fan tuned in this week, I'm betting they continue to tune in based on production content and quality.

Nova is just so good. Xavier hanging tough.
GoldenWarrior11

Postby R Jay » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:29 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:I got shivers down my spine watching the opening segment and starting lineup introductions for both teams. FS1 has hit a grand slam, IMO, producing this week's BE tournament. If any casual fan tuned in this week, I'm betting they continue to tune in based on production content and quality.

Agreed. They've done a fantastic job, odd rap features aside.
I think it's also necessary to complement Jim Jackson. He's been great on the call.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby stever20 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:40 pm

This start has felt a bit anti-climatic after last night's incredible semi-finals. (which is actually pretty normal- often times in any tourney the final isn't as good as the semifinals are).
stever20

Postby R Jay » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Woof.
R Jay

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:54 pm

What's with the random forearms--away from the play--leveled in JVP's back by Stainbrook and then Farr? If they are trying to send a message a 265 lb, 5th yr Sr from the Bronx is probably the wrong guy to target. A little cheap there.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby R Jay » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:01 pm

Halftime:
Villanova 34
Xavier 21

Hart has 9, Hilliard 8. Nova 5/11 behind the arc.
Abell has 7. X 1/7 behind the arc.
R Jay

Postby dmac80 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:12 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:I got shivers down my spine watching the opening segment and starting lineup introductions for both teams. FS1 has hit a grand slam, IMO, producing this week's BE tournament. If any casual fan tuned in this week, I'm betting they continue to tune in based on production content and quality.

It is great how they present it. The music and angles and everything, well done production. Feels big time.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Postby R Jay » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:32 pm

X looks like it's out of gas. Two brutal games in a row might be taking its toll.
R Jay

Postby dmac80 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:53 pm

Kind of anticlimactic compared to yesterday's game and last year's final. I'm glad Nova will get their 1 seed but this one was over early.
Let's Go FRIARS!
dmac80

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board