Unreal atmosphere at MSG this week!!

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Unreal atmosphere at MSG this week!!

Postby NJRedman » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:59 am

Xudash wrote:
dmac80 wrote:I'd love to hear from anyone else who has been this year....glad to see over 15k very similar to last year. Would love to see it inch closer to 17 or higher but with only the 10 schools and most of them small might be tough. Perhaps if SJU gets into the top of he conference at some point or if SHU as well they could draw heavy.

I only care that MSG management are happy with how it's working. Did it use to sellout completely due to UCONN and the other larger state schools? I'll assume that it did. 19,763 seating capacity for hoops, according to the garden.com. 76% capacity yesterday, and what certainly looked to be a strong environment.

The city lit up the Empire State Building for it. The BET seems to be an institution in and of itself in the city. The "new" BE in its second year has clearly caught its stride. Assuming the world doesn't fall apart and the US economy stays healthy, we certainly seem to be on the right trajectory.

It certainly is. It has a lot of history and the people in the city and the papers love it. So much fun seeing all the different fan bases in the building and the bars and sidewalks surrounding it. So much fun every year. Every fan of a Big East team needs to make the pilgrimage, their is a reason MSG is called the Mecca. It's a highly religious experience for college BBall fans. haha
NJRedman

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby stever20 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:03 am

Is it me, or did this year for the first time since really Nova won it the last time 20 years ago feel like really old school Big East?
stever20

Postby TheBall » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:44 pm

And again, kudos to Fox Sports for the promotions. That run dmc intro was hilarious.

Espn would have moved the game to espn2 so that jay bilas could preach about how the acc is so much better and deserves to play at msg and how the big east sucks!!
TheBall

Postby Steve Lavin » Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:00 pm

I was in the city just getting some drinks hanging out and I saw lots of Creighton fans. As a guy who has lived within 45 minutes of a NYC borough all my life, I never would have encountered a fan from Nebraska otherwise. It's really cool. The Creighton fans seem to really embrace our city and have a great time going to bars after the games. Last year I was at a bar and saw some guys in Creighton shirts and they saw my SJ shirt. We spoke about the conference and the like. It's good to have so many dedicated, basketball first fan bases all together.
Steve Lavin

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:01 am

Steve Lavin wrote:I was in the city just getting some drinks hanging out and I saw lots of Creighton fans. As a guy who has lived within 45 minutes of a NYC borough all my life, I never would have encountered a fan from Nebraska otherwise. It's really cool. The Creighton fans seem to really embrace our city and have a great time going to bars after the games. Last year I was at a bar and saw some guys in Creighton shirts and they saw my SJ shirt. We spoke about the conference and the like. It's good to have so many dedicated, basketball first fan bases all together.

It's good to hear from multiple people that there was still a decent following of Creighton fan's this year. Although I didn't make it this year (I'm on the west coast and probably will go every 3-4 years), if Creighton is competitive again, Creighton fans will be back in force.
Jet915

Postby Jet915 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:27 am

Jet915

Postby MUPanther » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:28 pm

TheBall wrote:And again, kudos to Fox Sports for the promotions. That run dmc intro was hilarious.

Espn would have moved the game to espn2 so that jay bilas could preach about how the acc is so much better and deserves to play at msg and how the big east sucks!!

I did hear Bilas say in December that he doesn't get why people say they are not a power conference, they are a power conference!
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board