Transfer thread

The home for Big East hoops

Transfer thread

Postby stever20 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 1:53 pm

Think might be smart to have 1 thread with all the transfer news...

1st one I've seen:
JoshGershon Josh Gershon
Xavier sophomore PG Brandon Randolph, originally from Inglewood (Calif.), has requested his release and will transfer, per source.
stever20

Transfer thread

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Transfer thread

Postby xu2002 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:47 pm

stever20 wrote:Think might be smart to have 1 thread with all the transfer news...

1st one I've seen:
JoshGershon Josh Gershon
Xavier sophomore PG Brandon Randolph, originally from Inglewood (Calif.), has requested his release and will transfer, per source.

Sounds like this is either false or unfortunately leaked early. Randolph has now tweeted he's staying on the team:

"I play for Xavier and I'm still playing and tying to help my team win a Big East championship. I'm not going anywhere."

Chris Mack also stated he hasn't asked for his release:

@FOX19Joe 4m4 minutes ago
Asked Chris Mack if Brandon Randolph had asked for his release to transfer. Chris said "no."

Most wouldn't be surprised if Randolph ends up transferring closer to his home in California, given he lost playing time at PG this year to freshman Larry Austin. Though the timing is not common, so best guess is someone close reported something early.
xu2002

Postby stever20 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:10 pm

xu2002 wrote:
stever20 wrote:Think might be smart to have 1 thread with all the transfer news...

1st one I've seen:
JoshGershon Josh Gershon

Sounds like this is either false or unfortunately leaked early. Randolph has now tweeted he's staying on the team:

"I play for Xavier and I'm still playing and tying to help my team win a Big East championship. I'm not going anywhere."

Chris Mack also stated he hasn't asked for his release:

@FOX19Joe 4m4 minutes ago
Asked Chris Mack if Brandon Randolph had asked for his release to transfer. Chris said "no."

Most wouldn't be surprised if Randolph ends up transferring closer to his home in California, given he lost playing time at PG this year to freshman Larry Austin. Though the timing is not common, so best guess is someone close reported something early.

Yeah the timing is what was so unusual. He even played a smidge on Saturday.
stever20

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:27 am

This feels strategic on the part of people in Randolph's camp. His name gets out there earlier rather than waiting for Xavier's season to end (which won't be until after the first round of transfer announcements, if not the second round). That way, potentially interested coaches know about him before they possibly take another transfer or a late commit.

At the same time, he can deny it (and maybe truthfully, if a family member had it leaked without telling him) and can properly finish his season. I know it sounds contrived, but be aware that Josh Gershon has been close with Randolph and his family since he was in high school and it would be a very easy controlled leak.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby stever20 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:59 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... o-transfer
Just saw Steve Taylor transferring from Marquette.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:20 pm

not a transfer- but a big piece of news:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 37627.html

NCAA athletes who transfer will no longer be able to apply for a hardship waiver to become immediately eligible at a new school.
stever20

Postby XUFan09 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 am

stever20 wrote:not a transfer- but a big piece of news:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr- ... 37627.html

NCAA athletes who transfer will no longer be able to apply for a hardship waiver to become immediately eligible at a new school.

The NCAA, always looking out for the kids.
Gangsters in the locker room
XUFan09

Postby stever20 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:01 am

the thing is I really don't have a problem with it. The kid still has the exact same eligibility. Just they can't play immediately. I think too often this has gotten abused.
stever20

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:03 pm

interesting:
jeffborzello Jeff Borzello
Fordham's Eric Paschall, A-10 ROY.RT @Epaschall4: I have been granted Permission to Contact, which means my recruitment is now open.
stever20

Postby Chalmers0 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:34 pm

stever20 wrote:interesting:
jeffborzello Jeff Borzello
Fordham's Eric Paschall, A-10 ROY.RT @Epaschall4: I have been granted Permission to Contact, which means my recruitment is now open.

Will be really interesting to see where he ends up. His KenPom numbers are actually pretty bad. ORating of only 96 (VERY bad). Simply put up great per game numbers due to pace and the fact that he had an extremely high usage rate.

It's always incredibly tough to predict how a go-to guy like that at a smaller schools fits into a role on a better team.
Chalmers0

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board