Transfer thread

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Transfer thread

Postby hoyahooligan » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:54 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:I know Jordan isn't returning to St. John's but is Obekpa no longer returning as well?

That's the rumor on the St. John's boards.
hoyahooligan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:58 am

I know Mullin has the wheels turning and will do a great job at St. John's but next year is looking like it might be a real test. With Jordan and Obekpa gone, St. John's basically loses everybody from last year now.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby stever20 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:19 am

I think you could make the case that it's for the better that Obekpa is gone. Allows Mullin to start with a completely clean slate. With Obekpa they almost certainly weren't going to make the tourney regardless, so how much difference is there if St John's goes 16-16 or 12-20. Long term, it's for the better.
stever20

Postby milksteak » Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:00 am

Chukwu to Syracuse.
"I am a penned-up, leashed dog right now, and I can't wait to get started for Butler University."
- Barry Collier, August 1, 2006
milksteak

Postby hoyahooligan » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:51 pm

milksteak wrote:Chukwu to Syracuse.

Absolutely a complete waste. Why on earth would you go to Syracuse as a big man?! Ugh that's pathetic on his part.
hoyahooligan

Postby stever20 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:52 am

so Jeff Goodman did a top 25 offseason transfers list. 4 each leaving/joining the Big East.

leaving Big East
#2 Sterling Gibbs to UConn from SH
#18 Paschal Chukwu to Syracuse from PC
#19 Tyler Harris to Auburn from PC
#21 Dylan Ennis to Oregon from Nova

joining Big East:
#5 Marcus Foster to Creighton
#7 Eric Paschall to Villanova
#22 Durand Johnson to St John's
#24 Rashid Gaston to Xavier

He also did winners/losers of the season.
Providence was #2 loser- With Kris Dunn, one of the nation's top point guards, deciding to return to school, the Friars looked like a sure-fire NCAA tournament team ... until the losses of forward Tyler Harris (Auburn) and defensive game-changer Paschal Chukwu (Syracuse). Harris was a solid scorer who averaged 9.9 PPG, while Chukwu is a 7-2 native of Nigeria whose numbers were modest: 2.6 points, 2.4 rebounds and 23 blocks as a freshman. Still, he was expected to fill a larger role. The Friars don't have anyone else like him, and now may be forced to play small.

Seton Hall was #6 loser: Kevin Willard did pick up Derrick Gordon and Braeden Anderson, but he loses two guards who have been there and know the program: Sterling Gibbs (UConn) and Jaren Sina (George Washington). Now this will likely be the Isaiah Whitehead show, and that didn't work out well last season.
stever20

Postby billyjack » Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:36 pm

Alex Owens will be going to Tallahassee Community College this fall, rather than enrolling at Providence. He had some academic issues. Also, he and some friends made a music video that kinda raised some eyebrows. Anyway, he won't be a Friar this coming season.

New PC commit Quadree Moore will be asked to fill Owens's expected role as a tough rebounder and banger. Anyway, over the past 2 months it was expected that Owens wouldn't qualify academically, so this doesn't surprise us PC fans.
Providence
billyjack

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board