Manhattan takes out Iona

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Manhattan takes out Iona

Postby stever20 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:43 am

Edrick wrote:Xavier isn't really a bubble team, assuming they dont just completely embarrass themselves on Thursday, they are a lock. There are just way too many teams below them on the fringe for it to realistically matter

Yeah. I think the absolute lowest possible thing is them going to Dayton- but even that would seem to be a reach.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gmoser1210 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:22 am

I doubt Drew would leave Valparaiso for DePaul. He wouldn't leave his alma mater to take over a project with few indications of potential success. I could see him leaving, no doubt, but not for a lower-tier school in a power conference.
Butler Bulldogs
'62, '97, '98, '00, '01, '03, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '13, '15, '16, '17, '18
'33, '34, '47, '52, '53, '59, '61, 62, '97, '98, '00, '01, '02, '03, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11
gmoser1210

Postby hoyahooligan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:36 am

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:Anybody else find any information on DePaul hosting Eli Cain on Saturday at Marquette? I thought it was odd that A.) a school would host a recruit at a rival's home game and B.) DePaul is locked in a recruiting battle for Cain with Iona.

If Purnell battling for recruits with Iona doesn't scare anybody at DePaul, I honestly don't know what will.

Technically I believe you cannot host a recruit at another team's home game. But in the past schools have been able to do a tit for tat and Marquette officially is "hosting" (aka supplying th etickets) the recruit but for DePaul's benefit. With the idea that if needed the school will return the favor.
hoyahooligan

Postby billyjack » Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:05 pm

With the Green Bay game tonight, coached by Marquette-alum Brian Wardle, possible candidate for the possibly soon-open DePaul job...

Green Bay has 5 players who were born in Chicago. Wardle himself is from a Chicago suburb.
Does he have a solid, respected presence in the Chicago recruiting scene?
He would seem like a really good fit at DePaul, sort of like Ed Cooley at Providence.

Can anyone add any information about him?
Positives, negatives? Seems like a great, simple, easy, competent hire.

I've seen GB play a few times this year. One was a blowout win vs Milwaukee. Another was an OT loss to Cleveland State. His team looked well coached and he seemed to be in complete control and organized, even in the loss.
Providence
billyjack

Postby stever20 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:15 pm

GoldenWarrior11 wrote:Anybody else find any information on DePaul hosting Eli Cain on Saturday at Marquette? I thought it was odd that A.) a school would host a recruit at a rival's home game and B.) DePaul is locked in a recruiting battle for Cain with Iona.

If Purnell battling for recruits with Iona doesn't scare anybody at DePaul, I honestly don't know what will.

Just saw this:
jeffborzello Jeff Borzello
Eli Cain has announced his commitment to DePaul.

Kind of interesting timing, one would think if Purnell is out after tonight that this wouldn't come out now.
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board