Can the Big East get 7 teams in the tournament?

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Can the Big East get 7 teams in the tournament?

Postby Omaha1 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:45 pm

For the record, we don't claim gtmo.

signed,
Creighton fans everywhere
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby hoyahooligan » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:04 pm

He does raise a point that Jay Wright has never even made the BE championship game much less won one.

Of course only 2 coaches in the league have won BET championships and only 3 coaches have reached the final. So History has to change sooner or later.

That being said, I'd be pretty surprised, if Nova slipped up again before the finals. But as they showed @ Seton Hall and @ Creighton(yes i know they pulled it out but wasn't a good look) if they play poorly they can be had.
hoyahooligan

Postby gtmoBlue » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:10 pm

Omaha1 wrote:For the record, we don't claim gtmo.

signed,
Creighton fans everywhere

Now that's funny! I don't need fan base validation, as I am an alumnus.
Thanks for sharing Omaha1.

You are allowed to expunge me from the Jays ranks on the day the Jebbies refuse/return my CC or check donations.
"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi
"Top tier teams rarely have true "down" years and find a way to stay relevant every year." - Adoraz

Creighton
gtmoBlue

Postby Westbrook#36 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:47 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:He does raise a point that Jay Wright has never even made the BE championship game much less won one.

True, but he does have a FF, a couple of E8's, a handful of S16. BTW, Pitt use to do very well in the BE tourney's how did that work out for them later in March? Yes Nova really needs to win a BE tourney to put this talk to rest, but in our defense the old BE QF's were like S16 games. Winning that thing was like making an E8 run, if you didn't get a top 4 double bye you had to win 4 games in 4 nights. 3 of which were probably ranked in or near the top 10.
Westbrook#36

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board