Big East attendance

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Big East attendance

Postby bmorex » Sat Apr 11, 2015 11:22 am

robinreed wrote:At XU we built Cintas a few years ago with the idea of it being an A10 arena. There was no thinking of BE membership at the time. Cintas holds only 10,250 and we average a full house every game however the arena is clearly undersized for the BE. Don't misunderstand it is one of those places where there is truly no bad seat in the house, a cozy place with good concessions and a great experience for all however it should have been in the 14K to 16K size range. Unfortunately I don't think there is any way of increasing the capacity.

DePaul will have a new 12K arena in a few years however until they learn to win I don't expect any miracles. Everyone else appears in good shape. I have attended games at UD over the last 25 years and always found it a good place to play and watch with a full or almost full crowd at all games. The arena is showing it's age and may need refurbishment but their fans are solid. The school is only 48 miles from X and I see them as a possible BE add. However I fear I am in a minority amongst XU fans in this regard.

I believe that Cintas was built to essentially knock out the conference rooms and main ball room on the north side to make it a full-size arena.

That said, there is no reason to do that. I disagree with you that it is undersized.

Keeping it at 10,250 makes for a higher demand of tickets. I'd much rather have that than something like Verizon Center that sometimes sounds like a mausoleum when Georgetown is playing. Empty seats is never a good thing.
bmorex

Re: Big East attendance

Sponsor

Sponsor

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board