Tyler Adams

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Tyler Adams

Postby ChelseaFriar » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:21 pm

BEhomer wrote:I have no problem jt3 declining willard's offer.

it was a game that meant something for gtown and also a game to prepare for the BET and the dance. get the kids in the right mindset.

In that case, would you have an issue if a SH player fouled Tyler Adams hard on his way to the rim? For the record, I would. Just checking on how you would feel about it.
ChelseaFriar

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby RDinNY » Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:25 pm

I find it hard to believe that JT3 would put the kid in, and give him the ball, unless he knew that SHU would back off. I also find it hard to believe that the Hoyas would not reciprocate and return the 2 points.

If anyone has a link where either coach said that that is not the case, please post.
RDinNY

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:43 pm

RDinNY wrote:I find it hard to believe that JT3 would put the kid in, and give him the ball, unless he knew that SHU would back off. I also find it hard to believe that the Hoyas would not reciprocate and return the 2 points.

If anyone has a link where either coach said that that is not the case, please post.

The article I linked in the original post said JTIII said his plan was to put Adams in the game for 1 possession and give him the first shot- whether it goes in or not- and then pull him.

Here's a quote from Kevin Willard on what happened:

"I talked to John, I said ‘I'll let the kid shoot a layup and you just give us a layup' he said ‘Nah don't do that.' I'm sitting there watching and this kid gets an NCAA waiver, Senior Night, everyone you talk to [says] he's just a great young man. I think we have a bigger responsibility in life sometimes than the game of basketball. I told our kids in the locker room ‘We're going to lose the tip and we're going to give them a bucket.' We haven't been getting off to great starts, not the greatest way to start but I think it's important to reward good people. Everything I've heard about this young man, what he's had to fight through, has had to battle. In my mind, I think kids should be rewarded if they're good people and to me that was the only decision to make."

and the blog post I pulled it from: http://www.southorangejuice.com/2015/3/7/8167817/georgetown-notebook-willard-on-tyler-adams-late-trawick-dunk-and
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby RDinNY » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:52 pm

Well, in that case, I give even more credit to Willard. Some things in life are bigger than the outcome of a basketball game. Besides, there are so many variables during the course if a game that ut is difficult to point to the first basket as the reason for a loss, even if it is by 1 point. Good job, Seton Hall.
RDinNY

Postby Jet915 » Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:27 am

Classy move by Willard.
Jet915

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board