This years Shabazz Napier?

The home for Big East hoops

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:54 pm

ESPN Column discussing this: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... onth-march

Who strikes you as the type of player who can step up big time in the NCAA Tournament will his team into a deep run?

The column mentions Darrun Hilliard as a potential candidate. Who do you guys think could be that guy?

If you asked a few months ago, I would have said Sterling Gibbs as he was being all "Mr. Clutch" at the time. But seeing as he'll be lucky to be playing in the NIT at this point, I'm gonna go with D'Angelo Harrison. He's pretty streaky, but I see the similarities of a determined senior guard on a team that's been up and down all year.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: This years Shabazz Napier?

Postby stever20 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:59 pm

Hall2012 wrote:ESPN Column discussing this: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... onth-march

Who strikes you as the type of player who can step up big time in the NCAA Tournament will his team into a deep run?

The column mentions Darrun Hilliard as a potential candidate. Who do you guys think could be that guy?

If you asked a few months ago, I would have said Sterling Gibbs as he was being all "Mr. Clutch" at the time. But seeing as he'll be lucky to be playing in the NIT at this point, I'm gonna go with D'Angelo Harrison. He's pretty streaky, but I see the similarities of a determined senior guard on a team that's been up and down all year.

I'd say Kris Dunn.
stever20

Postby NJRedman » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:09 pm

Hall2012 wrote:ESPN Column discussing this: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... onth-march

This is why ESPN is a joke. Not that Hillard can't carry his team to a Final Four or even a national title but Napier wasn't on a #1 seed! Hillard and Nova are expected to make a deep run. Napier and UConn weren't expected thats why ESPN is a joke. They should be focusing on guys on teams from seed 6-10 who can carry their team to a final four and potential title.

Out of the BE thats Pointer, Jones and Dunn.
NJRedman

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:09 pm

DSR would fit that mold. He can certainly light it up if he decided to.

Grant from ND probably fits the mold but I just don't think they are good enough to go on a run.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby butlerguy03 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:11 am

Chrabascz if he starts scoring 20-30 every game like he has shown he can.
Butler University '03
butlerguy03

Postby RedStormHoops » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:21 am

I have a feeling Kris Dunn is gonna go off. It's funny, Bryce Cotton was that guy last year if they could've gotten by UNC. I was on YouTube last night watching old big east tournament games and watched the PC one from last year. He was unbelievable in that game. Because of Dougie he was probably the least talked about super star ever. What a stud
RedStormHoops

Return to Big East basketball message board