Lavs thinks Arch is POY

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Lavs thinks Arch is POY

Postby BEhomer » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:39 pm

i will say this about pointer. he means more to his team than hilliard does to nova.

without pointer, there is no question sju is out of the bubble conversation.

without hilliard nova is still good enough to compete for 1st place in BE.
BEhomer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:34 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:That's a silly statement that Hiiliard is somehow less of a player because he plays less minutes. Nova has not played a single digit game at home in conf yet this year. When up 25 in the 2nd H should JW just keep him in or should he get Frosh Phil Booth in the game so he can develop? JW is willing to get bench players involved because they too are very good players. Josh Hart would start on most teams in this conf.

And suggesting that he would tire out if he played more? Did I hear that right? Did he tire when he went for 31 vs Butler and hit the game winning 3 with 2 secs left? No. He did not. If anything the additional time may allow for him to get in the groove more and be more effective. Weak argument redman.

Points per minute matter when 1 player plays 9 mins more / game. It's like baseball...who is the better player the one who get 201 hits in 600 AB's or the one who get 200 hits in 500 AB's?

You just took away from guys who play more minutes than Hilliard! You don't know what Hilliard would do playing 36-40 minutes since he averages 29 a game.

The stats are the stats, if he wants higher stats he has to play more minutes. You can't just break it down by per minute since not everyone plays the same amount of minutes and you NEVER see anyone use that stat. The scoring leader is the scoring leader no matter how many minutes they played and the same goes for rebounds, steals and all the others.
NJRedman

Postby GumbyDamnit! » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:50 am

I understand your argument, just don't agree.

Ok so let's just agree that Hilliard scores more points, more efficiently (61% eFG% is ridiculous), and gets more steals than Pointer in far less time on the court. DH also helps his team win more games. Pointer on the other hand grabs more rebs and blocks more shots.

DH also played his best in the games vs teams 2, 3 &4 below them in the standings to help them win each. So he has come up big when they needed him most. I think most of the league coaches will look at those performances as why they'd choose DH over Sir Dom. But I'll guess we'll see how it plays out.
Go Nova!
GumbyDamnit!

Postby MUPanther » Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:27 am

Point Spreads for the home team

St. John's +1.5 on CBS

Xavier +3 on FOX

DePaul +7 on Fox Sports 2

Seton Hall -2 on CBS Sports Network
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board