CBS Podcast: Jerry Palm, Gary Parrish say Big East #2 Conf

The home for Big East hoops

Postby aughnanure » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:42 pm

Call it clearly the #2 conference all season long. Starts about 18:00, but they talk about Villanova earlier as well

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketb ... aa-tourney
“All men dream; but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act out their dreams with open eyes to make it possible”
aughnanure

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: CBS Podcast: Jerry Palm, Gary Parrish say Big East #2 Co

Postby stever20 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:14 pm

yeah it's been a great season. To me the absolute key now is to perform in the tourney. What's key these next 2 weeks is for Nova, Georgetown, Butler, and Providence to win enough to get good NCAA seeds. Get Georgetown, Providence, Butler as far away from the 6-7 lines as possible. Got to have 1-2 teams make the sweet 16 at least this year, or this year would be viewed as a failure.
stever20

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:51 pm

Thanks for the podcast link, Aughnanure.

Interesting that Wichita State will be the first team to go to the tournament in the past 21 years without having beaten another tournament team if they don't beat Northern Iowa. If that happens, it could really hurt their seeding.
Bill Marsh

Postby hoyahooligan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:55 pm

Bill Marsh wrote:Thanks for the podcast link, Aughnanure.

Interesting that Wichita State will be the first team to go to the tournament in the past 21 years without having beaten another tournament team if they don't beat Northern Iowa. If that happens, it could really hurt their seeding.

Unless Tulsa makes it.
hoyahooligan

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:34 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:

Unless Tulsa makes it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good one.
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:07 pm

hoyahooligan wrote:

Unless Tulsa makes it.

I don't think he was meaning Tulsa in the way you were thinking. Wichita beat Tulsa....

Also even if Tulsa doesn't make it, Wichita beat New Mexico St who should win the WAC auto bid.
stever20

Postby R Jay » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:16 pm

stever20 wrote:yeah it's been a great season. To me the absolute key now is to perform in the tourney. What's key these next 2 weeks is for Nova, Georgetown, Butler, and Providence to win enough to get good NCAA seeds. Get Georgetown, Providence, Butler as far away from the 6-7 lines as possible. Got to have 1-2 teams make the sweet 16 at least this year, or this year would be viewed as a failure.

I agree with stever. We need to have at least 1 team in the Sweet 16 or we will be viewed as a failure again. Seeding is going to be a huge factor as avoiding bad matchups is crucial.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:28 pm

stever20 wrote:
hoyahooligan wrote:

Unless Tulsa makes it.

I don't think he was meaning Tulsa in the way you were thinking. Wichita beat Tulsa....

Also even if Tulsa doesn't make it, Wichita beat New Mexico St who should win the WAC auto bid.

Jerry Palm made the comment he did because he doesn't have Tulsa going to the tournament. Hoya Hooligan's a smart guy; I expect he understood that.
Bill Marsh

Postby stever20 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:34 pm

Except Jerry Palm DOES have Tulsa going to the tournament:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology
West region, #11 seed.

Also like I said New Mexico St Palm has going to the tourney.
stever20

Postby Bill Marsh » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:45 pm

stever20 wrote:Except Jerry Palm DOES have Tulsa going to the tournament:
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology
West region, #11 .

He mast have. Forgotten that when he made the comment. :lol:
Bill Marsh

Next

Return to Big East basketball message board