Tue Feb 24th, 2G, PC-VU, Creighton-DePaul...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Tue Feb 24th, 2G, PC-VU, Creighton-DePaul...

Postby Bluejay » Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Peter wrote:I've watched parts of a couple Creighton games this year and I honestly don't think they have many guys who should even be playing in the BE. Take that as a compliment Jays fans.

I don't think many Creighton fans would disagree with you. A large part of our roster was recruited to play in the MVC and it really shows at times. Outside of Kreklow, who just transferred in this year, the senior class in particular is not especially well suited for BE play.

I am proud of this team in that at 0-9 in conference play, with several losses at the buzzer, the team never quit.
Bluejay

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jfan » Wed Feb 25, 2015 5:33 pm

Peter wrote:I've watched parts of a couple Creighton games this year and I honestly don't think they have many guys who should even be playing in the BE. Take that as a compliment Jays fans. I think if McD can get the players he will coach them up and you will contend. Now you just need the players or a stud recruiter to get them.

Some of them are on the way next year. Two top 100 recruits(one redshirting this year) and two transfers who are ready made to start will help next year. We also have other recruits coming in who might be sleepers. It will be better (at least from a talent perspective) next year!
CREIGHTON
jfan

Postby mel ott » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:00 pm

jfan wrote:
Peter wrote:I've watched parts of a couple Creighton games this year and I honestly don't think they have many guys who should even be playing in the BE. Take that as a compliment Jays fans. I think if McD can get the players he will coach them up and you will contend. Now you just need the players or a stud recruiter to get them.

Some of them are on the way next year. Two top 100 recruits(one redshirting this year) and two transfers who are ready made to start will help next year. We also have other recruits coming in who might be sleepers. It will be better (at least from a talent perspective) next year!

The vast majority of CU fans know that Coach Mac is good. Even though he had Doug last year, he still did a great job of coaching put together a helluva season with mostly undersized and MVC players ( outside of Wragge who was the 2nd best shooter in the country). As jfan said, we have a top 100 redshirting,the transfers and two 3 stars and 1 four star signed. You can see on the recruiting site, Patton the center, is 6'11" and may still be growing. Huge upside. We get NONE of these guys if we aren't in the BE! What a great conference. Was at the De Paul game- they really do need the new stadium because I can see why no student would attend- that is a long way from home, a huge time commitment, and the cost. Luckily for us, we had an open bar,a shuttle and great seats!
mel ott

Postby stever20 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:39 pm

1 think that is interesting with DePaul is the comparison in their own city with Northwestern. Collins seems to have them transformed here all of a sudden with 4 straight Big Ten wins(that's not happened in 48 years). They hadn't won 3 in a row since 2002. That's the LAST thing DePaul needs quite frankly!
stever20

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board