Dance Card

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Dance Card

Postby stever20 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:52 pm

The problem though is you can't infer because it's what he does- not looking at the RPI, that the other members are like that.

There could be a huge difference between what HE thinks and what the committee thinks. What you said "he is ACTUALLY ON THE COMMITTEE so we don't have to guess at what they think because he just told us!" just isn't the case because it's what HE thinks. It's not what the committee necessarily thinks at all....

Also the output that we saw just does not mesh with a non RPI approach. Can you explain Colorado or Tennessee last year? Those 2 were CLEARLY RPI based decisions and didn't have a damn thing to do with advanced metrics.
stever20

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BEwannabe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:04 pm

and did the talk show host ask, "why don't you use RPI"? Afterall the NCAA has an RPI site and they even archive the final RPI. Seems odd to me the NCAA goes to the trouble of keeping and archiving RPI and it's known they've looked at UD Pride's rpi and even invited those guys to the Mock Selection Cmt last week and answered some of their pointed questions. If he isn't looking at RPI at all then I would seriously question why he's involved. Something is not right with the story, I'd guess something is lost in translation.
BEwannabe

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:10 pm

The segment he was on is #13 on this list. He talks Creighton for a while then NCAA.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/gam ... 24819?mt=2
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby Omaha1 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:28 pm

I just listened to it again. He said he creates an entire 68 bracket every Friday on his own. He uses the RPI to determine he AQ winner in his bracket.

He doesn't look at Lunardi or other prognosticators, but does look at metrics. He said RPI isn't relied on by committee. BPI is better. He looks at KenPom and KPI. He averages those to determine 1-60 then looks at head to head matchups and results to create his own bracket. Goes through top 40-50 using his own process each week.
Nebraska by birth, Creighton by choice.
Omaha1

Postby BEwannabe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm

Okay so as it pertains to this conversation, UD RPI am BPI are 35, but dance card has Dayton 56
BEwannabe

Postby Dew » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:24 pm

BEwannabe wrote:Okay so as it pertains to this conversation, UD RPI am BPI are 35, but dance card has Dayton 56

I'm not sure dayton has ever been relevant to any discussion on this board.
Dew

Postby BEwannabe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:31 pm

You wasted anyone's time with that lame post?
BEwannabe

Postby BEwannabe » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:18 pm

Based on what I see with Rpi vs Bpi, I'm going with UD RPI, Bpi has Mississippi #30, that alone = no credibility and the Creighton guy is using this?
BEwannabe

Postby R Jay » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:52 pm

BEwannabe wrote:Based on what I see with Rpi vs Bpi, I'm going with UD RPI, Bpi has Mississippi #30, that alone = no credibility and the Creighton guy is using this?

According to BPI, Ole Miss is 19-9 vs. the 27th hardest SOS.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby R Jay » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:52 pm

BEwannabe wrote:You wasted anyone's time with that lame post?

You wasted anyone's time with that lame post?
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board