Next years BEast PG's

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Next years BEast PG's

Postby muskienick » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:21 pm

DudeAnon wrote:Xavier will probably be handing off the reigns to now-freshman Larry Austin Jr. He has impressed me when he has played, problem is that hasn't been very often. So it will probably be rough at first, but he will be our PG for the foreseeable future. They might have Myles Davis and Remy Abell do some rotation PG as well to smooth the transition. We do have a PG in Brandon Randolph but he is more of a combo guard. And I believe Edmond Sumner might be a PG but not sure.

If Sumner can get healthy and bulk (muscle) up a bit during this red shirt year, he has a great shot at starting from day-1. At 6'6" with moves like a 5'10" kid, he could be a very special player for the Muskies. Some had him rated as XU's best incoming frosh this year.
muskienick

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ChestRockwell85 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Don't forget that Villanova has McDonald's All-American Jalen Brunson coming in. NOBODY is stealing Ryan A's starting spot but Jalen and Arch will be sharing the floor a lot.
1985 / 2016 / 2018 NATIONAL CHAMPS gtmoBlue is my homeboy
ChestRockwell85

Postby BigmanU » Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:28 pm

ChestRockwell85 wrote:Don't forget that Villanova has McDonald's All-American Jalen Brunson coming in. NOBODY is stealing Ryan A's starting spot but Jalen and Arch will be sharing the floor a lot.

Thanks. How did I forget about Jalen Brunson.

Marquette insiders, Who's running the show next year????
BigmanU

Postby Kenotic0913 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:16 pm

I think chances of Dunn coming back to PC are really low.

He'll likely be a first round draft pick by the end of the year.
Kenotic0913

Postby marquette » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:16 pm

At this point we are looking at Duane Wilson. He isn't really a point guard, but he is the closest we have on the roster/coming in. There is word that Wojo is looking at JuCos and possibly for another grad transfer but Duane is the backup plan at the moment.
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Class of '16
marquette

Postby pki1998 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:33 pm

muskienick wrote:
DudeAnon wrote:Xavier will probably be handing off the reigns to now-freshman Larry Austin Jr. He has impressed me when he has played, problem is that hasn't been very often. So it will probably be rough at first, but he will be our PG for the foreseeable future. They might have Myles Davis and Remy Abell do some rotation PG as well to smooth the transition. We do have a PG in Brandon Randolph but he is more of a combo guard. And I believe Edmond Sumner might be a PG but not sure.

If Sumner can get healthy and bulk (muscle) up a bit during this red shirt year, he has a great shot at starting from day-1. At 6'6" with moves like a 5'10" kid, he could be a very special player for the Muskies. Some had him rated as XU's best incoming frosh this year.

My hope is they move Remy to PG and start M Davis at OG. Start Trevon at the three and have sumpner and JP pick up the bulk of bench minites at the 1-3 spot.
Xavier
pki1998

Postby PorthosPA » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:45 pm

pki1998 wrote:
muskienick wrote:

My hope is they move Remy to PG and start M Davis at OG. Start Trevon at the three and have sumpner and JP pick up the bulk of bench minites at the 1-3 spot.

There is a 0% chance Remy will ever play meaningful minutes at PG for X, unless major injuries. Next year, X will have Randolph, Austin, and Sumner at PG (unless Randolph leaves, which I've heard nothing about, I just have a gut feeling). Abell will play the 2 and the 3, depending on if Mack is playing the small line up with Bluiett at the 4. My guess is Randolph and Austin split the bulk of the PG minutes, until Mack finds a favorite. I suspect Sumner will start the season splitting his time between point, off ball and the bench, until Mack decides how to best utilize him.
PorthosPA

Postby NJRedman » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:07 pm

People keep saying Jordan is leaving because he said that at the beginning of the season he was going pro, but not one single scout is saying he is ready for the NBA and clearly wont be drafted. If he transfers he has to sit out a year and means thats at least 2 more years before he can go pro. So I don't think he ends up leaving after this season. Unless he wants to go play over seas and be even FARTHER away from his family which he seems he needs to be close to I just don't see him going anywhere after this season.

Same with Obekpa, I think he returns next year. Those two anchor our team full of newbies and sophs. Watch for the evolution of Alibegovich, that kid has some game and will be a quality four year player.
NJRedman

Postby R Jay » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:20 pm

A lot of BE teams are going to look different next year: Nova, Providence, Marquette, and Creighton for sure, and possibly St. John's, Seton Hall, and Butler.
Speaking just on Creighton, we are bringing in two transfers in Huff and Watson Jr. and five freshmen in Harrell, Justin Patton, Marlon Stewart, Martin Krampelj, and Khyri Thomas. It is possible that up to four players, but more likely just one or two more on the current roster will leave the program and be replaced as well.
“Even though I’m not playing I still don’t want my school to be disrespected, because I play for the name on the front of my chest, not the name on my back. I’m a part of this family now, and when they disrespected them they disrespected me”-Mo Watson Jr.
R Jay

Postby NJRedman » Sun Feb 22, 2015 11:20 am

R Jay wrote:A lot of BE teams are going to look different next year: Nova, Providence, Marquette, and Creighton for sure, and possibly St. John's, Seton Hall, and Butler.
Speaking just on Creighton, we are bringing in two transfers in Huff and Watson Jr. and five freshmen in Harrell, Justin Patton, Marlon Stewart, Martin Krampelj, and Khyri Thomas. It is possible that up to four players, but more likely just one or two more on the current roster will leave the program and be replaced as well.

Possibly St. John's? 4 of our 6 players with the most minutes including our top 2/3 scorers are graduating as well as our only true PG. We might also lose our other 2 starters though I don't think they will leave. We will look completely different for the first time in four years. These seniors have been starting for four years. Our team is going to look a lot different.
NJRedman

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board