Sat. Feb 21 games (4)

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Sat. Feb 21 games (4)

Postby PMThor » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:43 pm

As a Xavier fan, I can say this and mean it in all honesty...that 3rd foul on Dunham was complete crap. The refs were atrocious on both ends, I've seen better refs in junior high games.

But with that being said. That was a a beat down. Absolutely rolled Butler. And the crowd was BIG considering the weather. A great day for Xavier fans.
Always remember that you are unique; just like everyone else
PMThor

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby xavierfano8 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:07 pm

PMThor wrote:As a Xavier fan, I can say this and mean it in all honesty...that 3rd foul on Dunham was complete crap. The refs were atrocious on both ends, I've seen better refs in junior high games.

But with that being said. That was a a beat down. Absolutely rolled Butler. And the crowd was BIG considering the weather. A great day for Xavier fans.

Couldn't agree more.

Something really needs to be done about the refs though. Not just this game, but they have been absolutely pathetic all year in the Big East. It's like they hand 3 random people a zebra shirt when the walk into the arena and say your making the calls today. Really embarrassing for the conference.
Xavier University '12
xavierfano8

Postby stever20 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:12 pm

xavierfano8 wrote:
PMThor wrote:As a Xavier fan, I can say this and mean it in all honesty...that 3rd foul on Dunham was complete crap. The refs were atrocious on both ends, I've seen better refs in junior high games.

Couldn't agree more.

Something really needs to be done about the refs though. Not just this game, but they have been absolutely pathetic all year in the Big East. It's like they hand 3 random people a zebra shirt when the walk into the arena and say your making the calls today. Really embarrassing for the conference.

it's not just the Big East. It's college basketball wide....
stever20

Postby Xudash » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:15 pm

Acknowledging that you mentioned the refs were atrocious on both ends, they were so bad that they were booed off the court at the end of the first half

Those refs allowed Butler to pull close in the first half. Beyond that, especially with X bottling up Jones most of the the time when he went into his typical football mode into the lane, Xavier shut down Butler.

X imposed its will today.
XAVIER
Xudash

Postby MUPanther » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:23 pm

DePaul/Georgetown on now on CBSSN. Where are the fans on a Saturday night? Has to be 3,000 in the building. Looks terrible.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby stever20 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:26 pm

MUPanther wrote:DePaul/Georgetown on now on CBSSN. Where are the fans on a Saturday night? Has to be 3,000 in the building. Looks terrible.

We've had like 6-8 inches of snow and now a pretty good sleet/freezing rain storm.
stever20

Postby ivet » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:27 pm

Surprised this game was scheduled. DC is currently "buried" in snow
ivet

Postby MUPanther » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:33 pm

Ya, I heard just now on the boardcast.
Marquette Season Ticket Holder at Fiserv Forum
Milwaukee Panther Season Ticket Holder at UWM Panther Arena (MECCA)
MUPanther

Postby HoosierPal » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:59 pm

Totally agree on all points. The announcers were even confused on what the heck the refs were calling.

After the game Coach Holtmann made it clear he wasn't pleased with the effort from the Dawgs today. He didn't recall one 50/50 ball we got to. I couldn't take the lackluster effort and turned the channel on my team.
HoosierPal

Postby ivet » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:52 pm

This game is a lot closer than I expected.
ivet

PreviousNext

Return to Big East basketball message board