Tue Feb 17th - 1 G - St John's at Georgetown...

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Tue Feb 17th - 1 G - St John's at Georgetown...

Postby hoyahooligan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:30 pm

Harrison scoring out puts vs. Georgetown:
5pts (1-12 from the field), 24pts, 7pts(3-12 from the field), 2pts (0-9), 4pts (1-12), 24pts, 5pts (0-9).

Every game in the series has been a double digit win for the Hoyas except for last years game @ St. John's which was a blow out for St. John's.

What was amazing about this win was how balanced Georgetown was. 5 players with 12 points and a 6th with 11 points. This is the most balanced team JT3 has ever had. We've never had this many games with 5 or more players in double digits. We've had at least a half dozen times this year.
hoyahooligan

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Red Rooster » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:05 pm

hoyahooligan wrote: What was amazing about this win was how balanced Georgetown was. 5 players with 12 points and a 6th with 11 points. This is the most balanced team JT3 has ever had. We've never had this many games with 5 or more players in double digits. We've had at least a half dozen times this year.

Most balanced team since he's been at Georgetown? I don't think so, but that is your opinion. You've never been someone who I'd consider to be objective, so take what you say with a grain of salt.

You'll bow out the first game of the NCAA tournament.
Last edited by Red Rooster on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red Rooster

Postby hoyahooligan » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:09 pm

D'Angelo Harrison is 19-87 in field goal attempts over his career vs. Georgetown. That's 21.8%
hoyahooligan

Postby Red Rooster » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:13 pm

I'll bump this post by RDinNY:

Dear Hoyahooligan:

Over the 40+ years that I have been a St. John's fan, your Georgetown Hoyas have been a superior program. You have national championships. We don't. You have consistently out-recruited and out played us on the basketball court.

Yet, each day you wake up with a bug up your butt about the St. John's program. You sieze upon very opportunity to take a shot at us. While I'm not a psychologist or an expert in human behavior, it indicates to me that you suffer from some serious self-esteem issues. You may want to seek a mental health evaluation to see if that is the case.

Wishing you the best,
RDinNY

(In other words, get off our dick(s))
Red Rooster

Postby NJRedman » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:28 pm

Good win Georgetown. I'll leave it at that.
NJRedman

Postby BleedBlueHoya » Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:58 pm

GumbyDamnit! wrote:I've said it before but that kid Copeland from Gtwn is going to be a monster. He's going to be in the NBA before putting in 4 years. I think he's the best overall FR in the league and I'm not sure it's even close. He just does so many things well. Love his game. Reminds me a tiny bit of Otto Porter. Am I the only one seeing how good this kid is?

Glad somebody said this about Isaac because I've been thinking it since his minutes have gone up in the past month or so. And of course I'm bias since I'm a Gtown fan but this guy has all the skills to play in the league. Like all of our freshmen he needs to improve his defense but the rest of his game is solid...the passing, shooting, rebounding, and the athleticism are all there. I love that JT3 finally put him in the starting lineup since he can play away from the basket unlike Hopkins. Unfortunately I think the kid will be gone after next season but would love to have him around at least two more years.

As an alum I would love for our home attendance to be better but it is what it is. There are a number of factors that impact attendance but it sometimes looks bad on TV because we play in an NBA arena. If we played on campus in a 12,000 seat arena we'd be fine but that's not happening. But we're 4th in home attendance so we're not doing too bad. And please don't compare us to DePaul. Home attendance numbers through 2/15 are posted on http://www.hoyasaxa.com/sports/bball.htm.
BleedBlueHoya

Postby Red Rooster » Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:12 am

BleedBlueHoya wrote:
GumbyDamnit! wrote:I've said it before but that kid Copeland from Gtwn is going to be a monster. He's going to be in the NBA before putting in 4 years. I think he's the best overall FR in the league and I'm not sure it's even close. He just does so many things well. Love his game. Reminds me a tiny bit of Otto Porter. Am I the only one seeing how good this kid is?

Glad somebody said this about Isaac because I've been thinking it since his minutes have gone up in the past month or so. And of course I'm bias since I'm a Gtown fan but this guy has all the skills to play in the league. Like all of our freshmen he needs to improve his defense but the rest of his game is solid...the passing, shooting, rebounding, and the athleticism are all there. I love that JT3 finally put him in the starting lineup since he can play away from the basket unlike Hopkins. Unfortunately I think the kid will be gone after next season but would love to have him around at least two more years.

This is what I said during G'town's game versus Villanova when they played at MCI:

Copeland is gonna be the 'go to guy' for Georgetown next season. I could see him having a solid season, and bolting a year from now.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4123&start=20
Red Rooster

Postby kmacker69 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:24 am

As a Butler fan who watch Copeland hit the dagger 3 live in DC, he is not only going to be monster: He is. He's still shows some young mistakes from what I've seen, but from the first game in Atlantis to the games in the BE, he's gotten much better. Wish our freshman had grown this much, but I think he still has more improvement coming. (Which I'm not liking since BU still has a game with them again this year and for the next couple.)
Lets go Dawgs!
kmacker69

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board