Inside the Seton Hall program

The home for Big East hoops

Re: Inside the Seton Hall program

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:28 pm

EMT wrote:Bill Marsh - You just described Hurley. No way any entourage would be allowed in the locker room. Also not sure that Danny wants the hassle with coaching SHU. He probably could have had the RU job if he wanted it.

SHU needs to decide if they want to pay to get a top line coach. It wouldn't surprise me if Hurley is making more at URI than Willard is at SHU.

I believe Hurley was offered and declined the RU job before they hired Eddie Jordan. Either that or he openly stated that he was not interested in the RU job at the time, resulting in no offer coming. His reasoning at the time was that he just arrived at RI and didn't want to leave after just one season.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby NJRedman » Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:31 pm

Hall2012 wrote:
EMT wrote:Bill Marsh - You just described Hurley. No way any entourage would be allowed in the locker room. Also not sure that Danny wants the hassle with coaching SHU. He probably could have had the RU job if he wanted it.

SHU needs to decide if they want to pay to get a top line coach. It wouldn't surprise me if Hurley is making more at URI than Willard is at SHU.

I believe Hurley was offered and declined the RU job before they hired Eddie Jordan. Either that or he openly stated that he was not interested in the RU job at the time, resulting in no offer coming. His reasoning at the time was that he just arrived at RI and didn't want to leave after just one season.

Also no way a Pirate is going to coach the Scarlett Knights. hahaha
NJRedman

Postby Hall2012 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:05 pm

NJRedman wrote:
Hall2012 wrote:

Also no way a Pirate is going to coach the Scarlett Knights. hahaha

He actually did, he was an assistant coach there in the late 90s.
Seton Hall Pirates
Big East Tournament Champions: 1991, 1993, 2016
Big East Regular Season Champions: 1992, 1993, 2020
Hall2012

Postby EMT » Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:47 pm

EMT

Postby TheBall » Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:48 pm

Seton hall was playing so well without whitehead. Just goes to show in the college game you can do without some talent if your chemistry is solid.
TheBall

Postby falcon » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:13 pm

Whoever SHU decides to pick as their next basketball coach, I would advise them to avoid, at all cost, anyone connected to Manhattan College. The former Jasper coaches who went on to Big East jobs includes - Brian Mahoney, Gordie Chiesa, Steve Lappas, Fran Fraschilla, and the inimitable, Bobby "Gonzo" Gonzalez. I can't think of one Manhattan coach who was a success after leaving Riverdale.
falcon

Previous

Return to Big East basketball message board